sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decals

Default Decals

Trying to make decals. I have used a few different types of sticker paper, but the ink usually comes off whn it gets wet. Is there a special sticker paper that i need to get or something else I have to use before sticking them on my rigs?

Paul

slipangle Guest

Testors makes a spray that goes over their waterslide decals, its supposed to seal the print to the sticker sheet.

you could try putting some clear packing tape over top or a piece of clear section from a factory sticker sheet.
    Scale Innovator

Waterproof Vinyl from Papillio. Google it!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I've been using this stuff (the .85/sheet at the bottom):

http://www.cistamps.com/sticker_paper.htm

It's for a laserjet which may be a problem for some but it holds up great. My only complaint is it's a bit thick for decals on vehicles, but on my outdoor signs, it works great.

May have to try Matt's suggestion. I've been looking for something thinner for bumper stickers, etc.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Quote Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
    I've been using this stuff (the .85/sheet at the bottom):

http://www.cistamps.com/sticker_paper.htm

It's for a laserjet which may be a problem for some but it holds up great. My only complaint is it's a bit thick for decals on vehicles, but on my outdoor signs, it works great.

May have to try Matt's suggestion. I've been looking for something thinner for bumper stickers, etc.
    My source works great and binds nicely to the paper provided you can get some good heat going with your laser printer. Waterproof and scratch resistant. If you give it a quick spray with some acrylic clear it'd probably be even better prior to cutting out.

Thanx for all the great ideas. I will try them out.

I'm getting ready to order. Taking Matt's advice on the papillio. They now list a "Contouring White Waterproof Vinyl". It's supposed to be thinner & better at conforming. They also have a lot of interest options for water slide, bake on & fixatives for inkjet so the ink doesn't run when they get wet. may try a little smorgasbord. WP vinyl doesn't come in clear. I usually prefer white but every once in a while... clear is what I need.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Quote Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
    I'm getting ready to order. Taking Matt's advice on the papillio. They now list a "Contouring White Waterproof Vinyl". It's supposed to be thinner & better at conforming. They also have a lot of interest options for water slide, bake on & fixatives for inkjet so the ink doesn't run when they get wet. may try a little smorgasbord. WP vinyl doesn't come in clear. I usually prefer white but every once in a while... clear is what I need.
    Make sure you're buying the right stuff for your style of printer. I've got a colour laser printer at home, so the vinyl stuff works great. Heat is the key to good binding.

Yea, I probably should have checked with you first. Marketing dpt. at work has a sweet laser that I use. I couldn't find the papillo in anything but inkjet. I've used inkjet photo paper in said printer before with no ill results. The vinyl sticker paper I was using was for laser but that "low profile contouring" marketing tactic of Papillio got the best of me. Are you getting that paper specifically for laser?

I only got 10 sheets so... not a huge loss if it doesn't work as well as it could. But, yes, waterproof vinyl printed on laserjet & I have signs that are going on 4 summers outside all summer long & they still look good.

Main reason I wanted to try this stuff is mine is too thick for stickers on bodies.... truck bodies... not like... body bodies... but that does give me an idea...
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast