sbg  

AE Element
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GCM Scale Garage CounterTop Shop

I thought I'd keep this thread up to date, only a few months too late haha!

Hanging shop fluorescent bars. I did a tutorial on this process here at this link.

And some other shop pics with trucks and parts and stuff.

There's lots of good shop stuff in this next picture. There's the jack stands, which are 3d printed, and slide up and down with a pin in the hole for locking it together. They paint up easy with plastics paint and look nice and rusty with some brown dusting painted on the flat black.
    The thin ply is a 1/32 RC aircraft ply, really thin and nice, and looks great as a floor covering for your oil changes or whatever other scale stuff you want to use. There's some tiny tools there also, and I have no idea where they came from... maybe the kids sometime. Not sure. Tool boxes are nice to have around also. The stand up box and the short box both made from balsa sheet and layered and sanded, painted, and done. Old rims also work nicely for the diorama.

Having a shop helper is also a good thing. He likes tools and suspension mags, so he's cool. That's all it takes to be cool.

Of course, always lift heavy objects with your back, not your legs.

I've just added these race car fenders also. They are cut out of old sedan RC racer bodies that have had their day. Old lexan race fenders and stuff make nice garage decorations. I found a TON of old RC posters I'll get put together soon also, and that should help the wall decorations.

Great looking garage Chris. Mine feels so small, and full of trucks whenever I want to take a picture. I'm planning on another rework on the whole workshop this winter. MAN PROJECTS!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Nice one! The more car parts the better! I hope you're paying Sam well!!

Nice looking garage! I'm loving that Jeep!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nice work Chris. You guys are giving me the itch to finish up my exterior so I can start interior decorating. Looks like more fun.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

New (old) camera! Mmmm yes!

Default shop and light tutorial

Nicely done Chris. I also enjoyed the florescent shop light tutorial, thanks. Your helper? I keep thinking I've seen him around somewhere, but that's not possible. I'm here in California and your in Canada, although come to think of it, there's some folks here that seem a little plastic here as well!
    Scott

Looks awesome Chris...

Hope to work on mine over the holidays...Just need to find a home for it. May pulley it to the ceiling...
    RC4WD Global Team Manager
    www.networkhobbies.com

awesome

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast