sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: SHARE - Budget tools that save time and aggrivation at the bench

Default SHARE - Budget tools that save time and aggrivation at the bench

One of the many resolutions I made for 2013:
    To start gathering the proper tools that will help me do what I do better! I'll probably break most of the other resolutions but this one I've already started.

With a little embarrassment I'll admit when I'm at the bench, every now and then use tools for what they're not supposed to do. In this, my concern isn't necessarily with the tools. It's the project and my body that sometimes suffers the consequence of not using the proper tool for the job. Some I'm too lazy to go down to the other shop to get, the balance are quite simply tools I'm too cheap to purchase or I don't know exist.

Slipping with screwdrivers, hobby knives and drill bits and skewering hands and fingers is on us as individuals... accidents happen. Scraping off anodizing, mangling plastic parts and using the "magic eyeball" for tuning to save a few dollars in tools seems a little nutz.

I thought I could get the ball rolling and post up my budget tool buys of the month.

Left to Right:
    Camber Gauge, Turnbuckle Wrench. Chassis Setting Kit, E-Clip Remover/Press, Ball End Remover, Soldering Jig

Got a budget tool you'd like to share, hit the reply button and share it!
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 01-16-2013 at 06:14 PM.

by far the best thing I have ever bought... its less then $25 about the size of 3 gopro's laid end to end. Super bright, or regular bright, rechargeable..

I have a regular size pit light, i like this more the light output is similar but this is never in the way, very stale and the base can be slide under my axles or anywhere i need it to be... It's my best friend when building and tinkering.

Here are the tools I find simplify building (picture labeled)

The one tool I found for me to be a necessity, the ICW bender ( approx. $20.00)

The only tool I use.

SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    The only tool I use.

But your the Man, I mean the Guy! I quite often find more power, more scraps, plus if I buy one of those As Seen On TV Ultra fancy deluxe electric carving, detail mayhem-o-matics they'll cancel my health insurance

Stihl table saw for me.

www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

but seriously folks.... two splurge tool buys that have done my well are micromark table saw & machinist squares.

the first is obvious but the squares were a bit pricey and I don't really know what made me buy them but I use them a lot.

Oh... and one of them fancy drafting circle templates.... no more living with what ever a coffee can diameter happens to be for me.

www.wolfcreekrcpark.com