sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: Electrical issue not sure this is the right spot

Default Electrical issue not sure this is the right spot

Well in a vein attemp to make warehouse style pot lights for the scale garage with these bulbs

I managed to blow all ten 45 dollars gone and four hours of time for attempt 2 I've used CHRISTMAS lights and ping pong balls now all wired with crimp connectors like this everything has a solid connection

All laid out it looks like this

But my issue now is the little two amp fuses in the plug blow right away any ideas peeps I'm struggling to get this garage lit up could my extra wire and connections be to much for the fuses

Also would it be better for less line loss if I soldered these connections instead

You could be blowing a fuse due to a ground connection, this of it like a car, such as a fog light on a switch.. You have power from the battery running through a fuse to the Power side of the switch, the Power wire for the fog lights is on the Accessory part of the switch, and you have a bad ground connection, rather than smoking the switch it will pop the fuse. Lights in a series I believe are a bit different - I haven't wired something in a series since school, but I would try a ground and see if that helps. As for the soldering, I believe it would give you a better connection, it would definitely make it a stronger connection, however when you strip the wires you should trim some of the exposed copper wire to reduce the amount of resistance, which could also be blowing a fuse. I'll try to explain trimming the wire my best haha, when I strip a wire, I try and split the copper wires in half so they are about equal, cut off the excess, twist together and then solder. Its a little trick I learned in school, and it does in fact reduce resistance