sbg  

AE Element

Thread: 'connection error' from charger (lipo)

Default 'connection error' from charger (lipo)

so I bought 4 gens ace 4000mah 2s batteries last year. right of the batt two of them wouldnt charge.

i plug them into my charger and it says 'connection error'

the other two were fine until today when i go to charge one of them, its took 2xxxmah then all off sudden i hear error beeps from the charger, again 'connection error'

is there someone that fixes lipos? (al maybe?)

or do i just toss them...

I dont really need the batteries as i have 6 all together, well three that work now. Just curious.

Sounds like the connectors might be loose. Check your solders.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Sounds like the connectors might be loose. Check your solders.
    im no n00b! i did that first hahaha

my solders are excellent. im sure its just a crap connection in the pack, but i dont think im up for busting open lipos

i have had this a few times, especially in my scaler, i had to clean the balancer plug . it had some dirt in it. now i check them all the time, i use an old tooth brush. i also had issues running in my boat, but thats because it was a power hog and melted the deans connectors just enough to loose intermittent contact. hope this helps.
    IF IT DOESNT MELT ITS NOT FAST ENOUGH!!:D

if your batteries are on deans. just plug a loose plug into the battery and test it with a volt meter, then you will know for sure if you are getting any contact..
    IF IT DOESNT MELT ITS NOT FAST ENOUGH!!:D

oh the balance plug thing would make sense...

ill put a volt meter on the two never got used as well and see if anything is there.

natskiboy Guest

What charger do you use? This happened on my GT Power 606D charger where I plugged the balance lead into the 4S port instead of the 2S.

external balance board, plug only fits in one slot :)

i know everything charger side is fine as I charged my two great hobbies batteries immediately after

Often when I have trouble with my Lipo batteries, it turns out to be the wires that go to the balance connector on the battery. I probably am not careful enough and bend the wires too sharply and they break, usually inside the battery case. These can be repaired. I usually wait until I have a few and do them all at once.

If you aren't getting anywhere, get your batteries to me and I will see what I can do.
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics