sbg  

AE Element
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Basement Series- Racing at home!

Neato! A few of these could be good racing on the small tracks.

mikevillena Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Uh. Or a Rotax! Yeah! That's what I meant!
    Sorry, didn't mean to yell at you...:D
    Rotax is the class leader in kart engines. I don't have a kart but my Aprilia RS 125 has a Rotax 125cc engine. In stock "mild" form with tiny 27 mm Dell'Orto, RAVE valve and stock expansion pipe I'm under 30 BHP. With fresh reeds, squish with polish and porting plus a bigger 33 mm Dell'Orto and better pipes it will push out over 34 BHP. It lugs and sputters under 5k but once you hit 8k you need to hold onto your balls. Sorry if I shamelessly plug my toy:

I guess I have a soft spot for tiny things that are Italian and go bloody fast.
    Anyway, back to your kart engine.....let me know what I can do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by mikevillena View Post
    ...I have a soft spot for tiny things that are Italian and go bloody fast.
    Anyway, back to your kart engine.....let me know what I can do to help.
    Hmmm... are you making an offer to send me some of your half-thrown out super amazing styrene parts you can't bare to use any longer?! Because if that's what you are offering I have a prepaid envelope!

I really spent some time looking at your bike picture to make sure it was a real person bike and not a styrene heaven-sent like your other stuff. I think that pic is a real 1/1 size. Otherwise your scale leaves are a real treat!

The Kart is about to get a first test drive on the track... about 15 minutes from now, and it's going to be doing Mach 7 down the back straight! Hope the brakes rock, because I'm going to use them! Aaron's new Mini 1/12 Subaru STI is going to be hitting the track for the first time tonight also! Yeah!! I'll try to properly abuse it before he gets there. jester

Here it is, lads! The first test drive of the mini Kart!

Perfect scale speed! Awesome size for the track.

mikevillena Guest

Hmmm... are you making an offer to send me some of your half-thrown out super amazing styrene parts you can't bare to use any longer?! Because if that's what you are offering I have a prepaid envelope!

I really spent some time looking at your bike picture to make sure it was a real person bike and not a styrene heaven-sent like your other stuff. I think that pic is a real 1/1 size. Otherwise your scale leaves are a real treat!

The Kart is about to get a first test drive on the track... about 15 minutes from now, and it's going to be doing Mach 7 down the back straight! Hope the brakes rock, because I'm going to use them! Aaron's new Mini 1/12 Subaru STI is going to be hitting the track for the first time tonight also! Yeah!! I'll try to properly abuse it before he gets there. jester
    "scale leaves" LOL!!! A scratch built RS 125 is in the very distant future along with my buddy's Vincent Black Shadow and Cooper Formula 1 (lucky son of a *). So many projects so little time..... PM me with the approx scale of that fire breathing kart of yours and some pics w/ rough dimensions of the workable space

Aaron's new Mini 1/12 Subaru STI is going to be hitting the track for the first time tonight also! Yeah!! I'll try to properly abuse it before he gets there. jester
    I hope you didn't snap off my bumpers! I kinda figured you'd get it runnning when I left the other night

No way, man! Your car is a TANK! I drove over Dana a couple of times while he was running my Kart, and it took everything. Your bumpers are the best!!

Speaking of bumpers, the mini Kart got a 'Generis Bumper Mod' also... even before it had a motor, it had one of these. Now that the kart has at least 30min of track time, it's proof every onroad car needs one of these things. If you can fling a tiny kart around the track like that (much faster than the video!) and it comes back for more, lap after lap, then this has to be the best single mod I have ever done. Considering how vulnerable the front end is on this tiny kart, and the long life it's already had with our bad driving, it's simply amazing what this little bumper will do!

And, MikeV, this one is for you!

Yes, Dana's REAL kart (still hanging on the livingroom wall) is a true Italian! And Rotax all the way!!

Our mini karts are a real solid replica of this CRG kart, right down to the fairings. Dana's real unit is a 2006 'duckbill' fairing and our scale karts are the <2006 straight nose ones, but same kart essentially! The difference is only in the steering column fairing, with the 'duckbill' karts having a revised lower portion around the front and feet area, looking much like a duck bill (big surprise, eh)

I'm sure he will add some info if needed

mikevillena Guest

And, MikeV, this one is for you!

Yes, Dana's REAL kart (still hanging on the livingroom wall) is a true Italian! And Rotax all the way!!

Our mini karts are a real solid replica of this CRG kart, right down to the fairings. Dana's real unit is a 2006 'duckbill' fairing and our scale karts are the <2006 straight nose ones, but same kart essentially! The difference is only in the steering column fairing, with the 'duckbill' karts having a revised lower portion around the front and feet area, looking much like a duck bill (big surprise, eh)

I'm sure he will add some info if needed
    Awesome! Please try to snap some clear well lit reference shots. I think you need to start a build thread on this bad boy! Oh, and you got pm.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast