sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: Loupes

Default Loupes

Hey guys, thought I'd share one of my latest tool finds.
    I'm sure many of you are aware of or have at least seen these before.

Learned a few things at the dentist the other day. Aside from the valuable comments and info like "you know Kevin, stripping wire with your teeth isn't a great idea" I came out of the office with a new tool purchase in mind... Loupes

While drilling, reconstruction and general torture was in progress my good Dr suggested these. I'm constantly squinting at the small stuff and as much as my hobby area glows with light it's never in the right spot. The pair he had on his melon were around $1200 worth of hardware and as much as I thought it was a great idea he wouldn't loan me his on weekends.

I hit E(vil)Bay and found a reasonably priced set for $69 with the headlight controller.
    Might be a great purchase for you guys building miniature hamsters, margaritas and dashboards!

Last edited by UNGLEWD; 12-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Copious Guest

Hey! Thats a great idea Kev. Your right, I have thousands of watts of light in my shop but there always seems to be a head shadow in the way when im working LOL Nice find at $69

Hamsters.... maybe

I regularly wear a headlamp when working on RC but the lenses are a nice add-on.

Nice instrument find. I noticed my eye degradation recently, doing some soldering.

This year I want to focus on tool upgrades and more scratch building... glad to find them and share em!

Nice find, I would love to get a pair and drive around town with them on.
    (other than the obvious magnification problem!)

These just arrived today and thought I'd update you guys.
    When I first spotted them and hit "buy now" I was a little concerned with getting something off of evilbay that was blurry or cheap feeling.
    They're awesome and I'm very pleased with the quality.

They've got some weight to them, they're optically clear, I can look at my thumb nail at arms length it total detail and the cordless light is very bright.

Got to be one of my best modeling tool purchases lately!