sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 in 1 Machine Tool

Default 6 in 1 Machine Tool

Reza (Motocrawler) pointed this out yesterday
    Going to snatch one up for this price, would be great for machining plastic.... cutting wheels and spinning off parts difficult to make with a hobby knife I think!

Hobbyking 6 in 1 Machine Tool - Sanding/Turning/Sawing/Wood Turning/Drilling/Milling:

This brilliant Multi Tool uses a clever modular design that allows the 6 in 1 to be quickly converted from one machine tool to another meaning this one package can handle a whole host of modelling jobs on both wood and soft metals.
    The 6 in 1 is perfect for turning out your own small, high quality jobs and takes up no space due to it's compact box dimensions, perfect for those with limited work-space and even if you have a little workshop room, a Machine tool capable of handling this many different tasks, all in one box, offers a neat and cost effective solution for modellers and hobby-ists wanting to take on more ambitious projects!
    Features:
    * 6 in 1 Machine tool can Sand, Turn, Drill, Mill and is also a lathe for both wood and soft metal allowing complex shapes with a high quality finish to be achieved.
    * 12v Power Supply (100v~240v compatible) Included
    * Comprehensive Multi-Lingual Manual Included
    * Simple, quality Construction
    * Compact Storage Box
    * Includes Vice/Clamping Tools
    * Includes Screwdrivers, sanding discs, Wood cutting chisel and milling cutters.

Last edited by UNGLEWD; 12-11-2012 at 09:16 AM.

These machines work ok Kevin. I uses to own the Unimat Verision. I paid 4 times the price as the hobbyKing one. It will be interesting to see you what you can make with them. I just found mine to be frustrating to use. Really wasn't rigged enough to do any real work.

Colin

I read on RCC that the tolerances in fit can be frustrating but would like to hear some local feedback.

For 77 euros I'll probably buy one beginning of next year. Will keep you informed

WOAH... don't order just yet!
    Just snapped 2 parts during assembly, might want to wait till I get this together before jumping on one.
    Hoping Reza starts building his... maybe we'll have to combine the two to make one.

IF IT DOESNT MELT ITS NOT FAST ENOUGH!!:D

Okay, thanks for the notice!

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    WOAH... don't order just yet!
    Just snapped 2 parts during assembly.
    Is it made of plastic parts? What parts broke?

I've been thinking of making similar, using t-slot aluminum & bits from 8020. Maybe buy this for the bits, and put them onto my own frame-work.

The only thing not plastic is the chuck and tools
    I broke the platform for the JigSaw and one of the red hand wheels.
    I'll take a few shots in the next couple days.

Okay, this is just my opinion but overall I'd say there's better value in purchasing a drill, a vise and a roll of duct tape!
    Not together yet but so far...

The "JigSaw" attachment mount snapped when I tightened up the base. (it didn't take much pressure tightening with a Philips driver)

During assembly as per instructions I slid the shaft back inside the hand wheel it blew apart, plastic is very brittle. Luckily there's enough of them I can toss another one on.

Set it up as a lathe and still excited to turn it on... the switch is NO good. (I'll let you guess what finger I'm pointing with)

Back to the old "Ya get what you pay for" speech...
    I'm sure I can hobble the parts together into something functional, for now I'm setting it in a box downstairs in the get to it later pile.

If you're looking for an all in wonder solution in this tool I think you'll be disappointed.
    Myself, I'll be looking for a nice used all metal unit this year.
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 01-15-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast