sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Waterproofing A Battery?

Default Waterproofing A Battery?

I've been searching around about this topic and haven't come to a conclusion yet, I use a Venom 3000 Nimh battery, I have it inside a balloon with some silicone around the front of the battery where the wires come out, does anyone waterproof their batteries or do you run without something over it? I know its really bad if you put a regular car battery in water, so I figured these were kind of the same way, I've also read that you don't need to waterproof them and they'll be alright.

I ain't never waterproofed none of my batteries. The guys I play with dont either and they love to drive in the water.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Not waterproofed either I run lipo though

I'll have to remove all the crap on my batteries then, they'll look alot better. Thanks guys!

td-civ Guest

you dont need to water proof batterys and all i do to lipos is have drain holes so the water will drain out thats it

squatch71 Guest

I know this is a old thread...but I was watching a vid on YT...and one of the rigs went into the mud pit..and then stopped, they all yelled "dirty motor" and the camera person started laughing...then someone said "non water proof lipo", camera "what, is that important", some one off camera "yes, if you want them to last"

I thought...since when??? I don't run mine in water much, but once and a while it does fall in the drink...many times complete submersion. Never a problem.

my lipos are waterproofed, but only because its really easy on a hard pack, little bit of silicone on the holes where the leads come out. Never had an issue.

I think you can Plasti-Dip them...