sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Trucks to build :)

I'm liking the Suburban

3SPD REKR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    I'm liking the Suburban
    I totally agree. The Cheyenne and Power Wagon are sweet too.

Toyotas are my truck of choice but... when I think of classics to build, other than toyotas, 3 come to mind.

1st was a '72 Jeep wagoner that was sitting in an old goverment surplus lot whilst I worked at the NPS. It was Forest Service though, that old mint green with wood side paneling. I was instantly in love with it and went about trying to procure it with no luck. It's probably still sitting in that lot today. Your (well not you Canadian's) tax dollars at work.

Second would be an old Dodge Power Wagon Fire Truck. I'm not into dodges and I'm not into fire trucks but this combo is a classic & it would be fun to research & model all the custom parts associated with an old fire truck. Also, even if you're not a dodge fan, if you've ever taken a close look at a real power wagon, you can't help but be in awe. These things were beasts.

Finally, my uncle, in 1970, sold his house & all his possesions, bought a '66 Ford crew cab & camper & decided to drive around the country never to return. He passed away but my Aunt still lives in AZ. The truck is still in the family & this is Google but looks just like it only rusty. Never was real close to him but I still remember it sitting out front of my parent's house with the trailer & my uncle trying to explain his plan to my mom. It's hard when family expects an explanation for something you can't explain. He tried. The entire rig in my 8 year old brain spoke of the spark? allure? obsession? of adventure

www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

looking to start/learn how to scratchbuild a body and that Ford Crew cab is sick... but thinking a D100 like by grandfather had. Name:  a.jpeg
Views: 77
Size:  9.8 KB

Or maybe the Dodge A100 for the new Axial UMG10 kit.

Name:  b.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  74.6 KB

Any suggestions on proper platform to use. Like to add leaf springs too.

Thanks.

Saw this 67’ in my hood today!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63D2C90F-3B46-403F-AA29-4DF560D0F791.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	30413

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12