sbg  

GearHead
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: economical lipo charger?

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    I've been using these for a few years.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...40v_Input.html
    $11.44
    I have 4 of these, and passed on another 4 to other people. Uh. It's $12. It works great when you are not in a rush. This charger puts in 650mah, meaning a 6500 battery would take 10 hrs. Most of my crawl batteries are in the 2200 range, and are about half done when I park them, so after a couple of hours it's ready to go. Plus it plugs into the wall directly and no power supply needed. Charges using the balance port only, so in some cases (like the Raven JK where the battery is under 100hrs of other work) the battery stays in the truck permanently and I charge it with the balance port extension.

And I have a Hyperion Duo II also, which is also my favorite charger, and I barely use it. It is sick though.

This is what I ended up buying. It's gotten good reviews & in my price range. we'll see.

IMAX B6
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Finnaly plugged this thing in & nothing. I've gone past the return time frame. Hopefully they will still honor it since I haven't used it.

Sort of wish I had gone this route now that I know a little more, not as economical but less than the Duo II:

http://www.empirerc.com/hyperion-eos...de-p-5412.html
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

squatch71 Guest

like my thunder power 680 50 bucks...everything I want.

Just a little update here for anyone else looking to upgrade to lipo (I'm so behind the times). I bought the IMAX B6 through Amazon & they instantly refunded my money, no questions asked.

I then purchased a Hyperion EOS720I NET 3 AC/DC and am real happy with it. The interface is easy to use, lots of memory, decent horse power for an internal power supply.

My advice: do your research before you buy. There are a lot of opinions out there & it's not a one size fits all deal. lot of variables & worth doing a little googleing before buying.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12