sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: OrangeRX DSM2 3 Channel Receiver

Default OrangeRX DSM2 3 Channel Receiver

Just got this in the mail today!

I am trying to move a bit away from Spektrum radio gear, but I saw that I could buy a receiver that is supposed to be compatible with my DX3R for under $20 so I had to order one.

I will test it as soon as I can and report back how it works.
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

That'd be nice... thanks for being our GuineaPig Al!

Powered it up on the bench!

To start, I just plugged a servo into STR (CH1) and my battery into THR (CH2) and put the bind jumper into the BATT/BIND connector. The LED in the receive started to flash. Then I put my DX3R into Bind mode. A couple of seconds later the light went on solid and it was good to go. Then I plugged in two more servos and moved all the transmitter controls. Everything worked great!

This second shows its size compared to two of my other receivers that I use with that transmitter.

Probably test it in a rig in the next couple of days.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm wondering what anyone's long term experience has been with these. I bought one when they first appeared on Hobbyking's site and it seemed pretty good. Range was excellent, response was as quick as anything I have that's real Spektrum. A little while ago it started acting up. The LED flickers randomly and it gets glitchy. I've tried isolating the cause by moving the entire RX or portions, like the antenna, independently, but the behaviour is always the same.

So, something's gone south. Don't know what. At least it was cheap.

The one I bought hasn't made it into a project.

Want one to mess with? My option right now are smash it with a hammer, see if I can fit a micro UBEC in it or slowly crush it in my vise. The hammer and vise are neck and neck.

You can send it my way if you like. Maybe I can fix whatever is wrong with it and make it go.

Thanks for boosting an old thread. I've done some searching to see if they make one that is compatable with my Dx3s radio. I think it's dsm1. No threads were specific in explaining an answer to my question.

The one you're showing is dsm2? Is that right? I'll buy ten if they work with dsm1.