sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Hobby Shop in Los Angeles

Default Hobby Shop in Los Angeles

Hi guys,
    this is your "humble worshiper" Marco, from Rome Italy

As I do every year, I'll shortly go to LA for work (I work for a Hollywood Studio, here in Rome), and would like to visit a couple of nice, well-stocked hobby shops, to buy some stuff for my new "baby", the SCX10 "COW".

As I wrote in my introductory thread, I'm back into RC after years and this is why, even if I go to LA at least once a year, I don't know where to go.

Any suggestions, tips, advice would be much appreciated, THANKS !

I'm going to my brother in law's this Friday who lives south of LA so I asked him the same question, here's his response:

Well I really don't venture into LA that often but I have been to Hobby People. http://www.hobbypeople.net/

It's a farly large and nice hobby shop.

I pretty much get all my stuff at a shop called Robs Hobbies in Huntington Beach. It's close to home that's mostly why. And the people there are nice.

http://www.robsrchobbies.com/

Do post up if you find anything, I may have some free time to check some out too.

Richard

I'll go after you (around the 20th of May), so you may get to check these out first !

Richard, any news ?!

I didn't visit any shops so I don't have anything to add.

lowgmc Guest

I've heard from friends that these are both good shops. Gizmo's Hobby in Burbank and Marty's Hobbies in Thousand Oaks. If you work for a studio, you'll probably be in or near Burbank, and Thousand Oaks is just up the 101. Sorry don't have exact addresses, but Google will tell you. Hobby People usually have a decent stock, and good pricing, but nothing real unusual, and the staff in the big city ones are usually not that good. Haven't been to the LA ones, but this is what I know from the ones I've visited. Not sure if there's a Hobbytown USA, but those are usually pretty good, too. I prefer the privately owned ones over the franchise ones tho. May pay a little more, but the service is usually better