sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: Servo saver help

Jeepfixer1 Guest

Default Servo saver help

Hi guys, love the forums! I was wondering if anyone could help? I have an Axial Wraith and have installed metal steering linkage. I was looking at servo savers and I really like the kind that looks like a shock (without an external spring) but am having a hard time finding one. Does anyone know if one is made that would work or could be made to. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I think Junfac makes one
    They're also easy to make yourself with any scale shock.
    You can put a heavy spring on either side of the piston inside the shock.
    Some of the smaller diameter RC4wd shocks work good for this... Tamiya Sand Scorcher shocks and Semi shocks also

Hope this helps a bit

Jeepfixer1 Guest

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. I bought a Hitec 7954 high torque metal gear servo. I like to hit the ground pretty hard with my wraith. I am running the titanium vanquish steering links. Does a strong servo like this still need a servo saver to keep from tearing it up?

I would...strong is far from indistructable
    Depends how aggressive you are too

Jeepfixer1 Guest

Thanks will do!

Jeepfixer1 Guest

Have you had any experience with the aluminum integy servo savers? Any good or not ? Hate to have to try a bunch to get a good one. I'd really like to have the Junfacs type that looks similar to hydraulic steering ram but haven't been able to find one that'll fit the wraith? Which servo savers do you run in similar rigs?