sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losi night crawler help

Default Losi night crawler help

Hey all my bud moose has a Losi night crawler with an issue can anyone tell me why twenty mins of crawl time in and the motor starts cherping like a cricket and losses power but in reverse its fine lots of torque and no cherping we changed Esc the stock motor to a 55 turn driveshafts cause we thought it had pinnion probs tore down the tranny and nothing are we missing a step should he rebind the radio to the receiver ? Any help would be awesome as its ruining crawl time at the crawl stall lol thanks

moose Guest

Sweet man thanks for posting this!
    Any help hear would be great!

Night crawlers are worm drive right? Could it have something to do with not setting the ESC for worm drive mode?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Ya worm drive set to the worm setting but it when he switched to a traxxis waterproof esc at the advise of the lhs they said the lisi esc had got wet at some point but with the new one right away it did the same thing maybe the 55s seen better days ?

The 55 runs great in my ax10

moose Guest

Well I'm going to pick up a new motor tonight because I would like a little more speed out of her but maybe a full axle taredown and rebuild is in order tonight!

Deric Guest

Which way the motor rotating? U may need to switch the wires between ESC and motor.

Maybe the chirping is caused by the esc or some kinda BEC problem caused by the servo. I don't know lots about electronics so hopefully someone else will have better answers.

The main problem with Losi worm crawlers is usually overheated motors. Good that your not having that problem anyhow.

Ya swapped wires around first I thought that was the prob and it's running a stock servo so I don't see a bec prob from both esc's being the culprit but I'm the same Rick not to keen on electronics the motor does get hot

moose Guest

The motor does get hot but I don't get the crawl time because of this problem for it to overheat. I'm almost at the point with this rig where I just wanna scrap it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast