sbg  

AE Element
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: making your own links

jhedsy Guest

Speaking of extra parts, its always nice to know you have spares if you need em! I hang on to everything unless its broken with unusable parts.

Homemade links are the way to go, haven't broken one yet and I've tumbled down some pretty steep stuff.

greger Guest

agreed. and ordered the ends today so hopfully get them tomorrow so i can get these built!

greger Guest

getting the metal for these is harder then i thought. i got the ready rod no problem but getting my hands on some stainless and aluminum is tough.

greger Guest

im in abby. i should have some metal ordered and coming in from metal mart tomorrow hopfully in langley. lets hope they get the right stuff this time since i just bought 12ft of the wrong material from the port kells metal mart yesterday.

greger Guest

Well I think on the phone the guy was ordering 5/16 he had the rod I am using and was testing it in different sizes so hopfully he gets the right pipe for me

greger Guest

well
    first" port kells metal mart- sold me 1/4" id deffently to big( i didnt pick it up)
    second: langley metal mart- didnt have any so they ordered it..wrong stuff came in same as what port kells had
    they did have the same size of materal you says scorpion ax but it doesnt fit over my 8/32 what so ever unless i thread it in..did you have to?
    third" local hobby shop had stuff that fits but its very thin..i did get it so i might just end up using it
    forth canadian tire...nothing in stock or anything.

this has deffently been an adventure

greger Guest

Nope I took the bur out and made sure of it. I ended up tracing the inside with a drill and they slide on now so I'm good to go now just gotta go back to Langley metal Mart and get the rest of the tubing I really want to do the lower ones in stainless though so see how long it takes to order that. Also for the aluminum its 2.50 ft

As an alternative to sheathing the all thread you can use the tubing found in drip watering system. The tubing is made of acetyl ( Delrin )

You can get straight brake lines from lordco for fairly cheap, it come in a grey/green coating and you can paint them really well. Much easier than buying length of uncoated brake line that come in a roll.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234