sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: making your own links

greger Guest

Default making your own links

last weekend i bent one of my suspension links on my scx10. stock at my lhs is limited right now and they cant get me the right colour..they suggest just getting ready rod and making them my self..any suggestions? are they as strong and better? perhaps im just looking cosmetic apeal then..

i make all my own, its less money and i would say just as strong if not stronger even then the ones you can buy. Plus you get the perfect length for your truck, and if you change to a longer WB body its easy to change/adjust them.

I use 8-32 all thread (4mm) and revo rod ends, then what you choose to use to make it pretty is up to you, some use 1/4 brake line, its cheap and i believe its stainless, some use aluminum, i have carbon rod on mine. Was like $5 for 4' at my LHS

Heinz57 Guest

If you bent a stock link, I'd say you really drive your truck.There's a couple good posts on here, just do a search, Ecoli's is good, but depends if you want pretty, or tough, or both. I found the easiest, maybe not the toughest or prettiest, but cheapest is this: -cut up 6/32 allthread rod (canadian tire sells it)
    - cut up some hollow tubing that fits over the rod , this can be break line, stainless steel, knitting needles(sold at walmart,or michael's) , or my favorite, alluninum rod from my LHS cuz alluminum is sooo easy to cut.
    -drill out your factory axial ends a little and screw it all together.

greger Guest

im liking the wheel base idea i never thought of it that way. sinc ei am finding it hard to find a body to fit my wheel base..that might just be the best option. then covering it with the round stock it will still look good also. so i think that is the way i will go. also..on the rear my lower links are bent fron the ax kit i installed. do you guys like the bent links better or should i have them just straight? i am using only 3 link on my truck still cause i havent had to many problems with it.....thoughts?

i love 4 link, the suspension movement just feels a lot smoother, and zero binding.

I dont have bent links, mainly because i dont like how they look. I also havnt been in a situation where i felt my links where holding me back, they slide so easy on everything that i just dont feel there is a need for 'high clearance' (not really that much imo)links on a scaler, but thats all just opinion.

greger Guest

well i find if anythign with the bent links my drive shaft is taking all the hit cause it hangs lower then the links. so i guesse i will make all my own and change over to 4 link.

its really easy to do. and im sure your drive shaft will thank you hahaha

greger Guest

Ya I'm sure it is for sure haha. Does anyone know what size I need to fit the stock axial size end links?

You can use the stock ends with the 8/32 all thread, but why would you? traxxas revo ends are not expensive, have metal balls so they move smoother, and are far stronger.

greger Guest

..reason...i just bought a whole lot of factory ends. most with metal balls. kinda dont want them to go to waste

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast