sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stripping paint?

2 STEP Guest

Default Stripping paint?

Anyone had experience stripping paint of of bodies before?? will it be brittle? Faded is OK cause it will get repainted..... but I dont want to compramise the strength with the solvent or stripper. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Tired Guest

brake fluid works very well for removing paint, and does not seem to affect the plastic/Lexan, but it takes some time. You can apply it liberally, then wait for a minute or so, then try to scrub it with a rag. You will see what I mean.

Excellent for overspray on windows.

2 STEP Guest

Hmmmm I do have overspray on my windows too lol I will give it a try thanks very much! Curious as to whether it will cause a problem with repaint, but I shall give it a try.

4mods Guest

I'm sure it will be fine as long as your wash it all off.

colonelangus Guest

Default stripping paint

well i was asking terry how to remove paint when i ran across this thread .well he said the same thing ..im in the process of doing it for the first time .any other tips i just plastered it on and left it.

4mods Guest

I forgot to say you need to add quite a bit of elbow grease as well, :welder:.

corycrawler Guest

ive tried that. with all the time and brake fluid wasted, id rather buy a body for 30 bux

toyotadon Guest

oven cleaner for hard bodies...try it on a scrap of lexan:)

4mods Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corycrawler View Post
    ive tried that. with all the time and brake fluid wasted, id rather buy a body for 30 bux
    Lmao, I think I mentioned that toooooo!!!

HEAVY METAL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corycrawler View Post

now this post makes sense....but im lazy...:)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast