sbg  

AE Element

Thread: Tundra steering?

Question Tundra steering?

Hi guys, just took the tundra out for a test run and found the steering is crap! It wouldn't turn very well, I mean the turning radius was small. Question, could it be the steering links that are on this truck?:noway:
    If this is the case I would be able to convert it to this,
    I will put it on to see what it looks like. Thanks in advance for any advice, Jim.

Here you can see I have the "on axle" steering in place.
    WRONG, it binds every where?!? See why, 1: I have the link that connects to the servo under the leaf and the link from one side to the other is on top? Redid it and looks better but I will have to move the mounting bolts for the shocks as the knuckle hits it?
    with the tires on,
    Do you guys think this will work/help with my steering problem? I know this is a lot to ask but maybe someone has tried this set up. Thanks in advance Jim.

RustyNewfie Guest

Hey, I run this setup on all my high lift axels and it works great.

Sounds good, Thanks. Now I just have to put it together and test it. Will be a few days because of work but I may have a few new goodies after my trip to Calgary on Friday!! So excited to soon have a running rig to get out with! Until later and hope all have a great day. Jim.

The steering is perfect. Not sure why Tamiya did it the way thay did, maybe cost? Anyhow she did great out on the last run. Thanks Jim.