sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: Evergreen Styrene Q?

2hi2cu Guest

Default Evergreen Styrene Q?

Not sure if this question has been ask but i assume so....but can't seem to find it on here...
    What are the basic size of styrene to keep on hand when doing a build.I've done 1/24 model scale curbsides and dioramas and know how to work with styrene.But i like to know the sizes and thickness need to at least complete a build without breaking everything up and going back and forth to your LH and fined out that you needed something else,but in my case Internet,so when i buy i like to have ever thing on hand....

Another Q: how to determine scale size i knew at one time but forgot it's been a while memory lost at 52

I'm not one of the styrene gurus so I can't help you there but the average scale size around here is 1:10th = 1:1 dimensions divided by 10.

2hi2cu Guest

still looking for answers on the styrene

I'm on it, making a short list...

2hi2cu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    I'm on it, making a short list...
    thanks you... i know about the scale size now just like to know the styrene supplies that i need and the glue to to glue them together...what kind of glue is best can i get it at w-mart or Canadian tire or can i use tire glue

I only suggest you use Styrene Cement Solvent, that you will only get from a hobby supplier.
    You need to weld styrene, not glue it forming a permanent bond. The rule is that the material around the weld should fail before the weld itself...just like metal.
    I will give you all the products I use, Al and I just found a Canadian Manufacturer for the Cement/Solvent and I am doing a comparison test tomorrow.

Remember in terms of scale, that one inch = 10 real inches.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Here's the basics I keep in stock to build my stuff....
    Basic Styrene Stock List - Working with Modeling Plastics

There a few more detailed items that I buy Plastruct Brand for, diamond plate, clear rod, hex...