sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ::KJ's:: STI Imprezza - Rally/Gymkhana 08

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Would be cool as it's super affordable and easy to get upgrades for
    Exactly what I was thinking.. But I did not get to see it run..

DF03 kit's here and just waiting on the CVDs and one ways to get started.
    You guys have seen enough stock builds on this chassis so I'll skip to the pretty stuff and a few of the mods asap!

Wahoo...all the goods are here and now just have to sit down and do a little kit marathon.
    Pics soon

true-scalecrawler Guest

well.... its not rally, but i just grabbed an HPI Sprint2 Sport from GoGo last week.

seems like a sweet chassis and really good pricing on it too!.....though i know nothing about on-road/drifters.....

cant wait to see this one!

too bad i missed out on the Zbody you just sold

Sounds like a cool car, I've got a few HPI here and like em. Yeah that Z would have been perfect for you.

Man I've been trying to knock off a kit every few nights and I'm getting wiped out.
    Last night I wrapped up the chassis basics on this one and got a few of the parts modified.
    Have to get my mounts figured out and will get some progress pics up now that the basic kit build is done

^ Dude, I admire your drive. I have so many projects both started and in my head and they take me forever while I struggle with motivation to work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukk View Post
    ^ Dude, I admire your drive. I have so many projects both started and in my head and they take me forever while I struggle with motivation to work on them.
    You have to remember that Kevin's mere 'human' status is still up for debate.

You guys are funny. It's a constant battle to keep up with the ideas but I think some days that's part of the fun.

Chassis built, installed the CVDs and the new shocks and am now just getting the body and wheel offset figured out. This one is tricky because I do want to do some mild rally stuff also, loose dirt and beat up pavement roads with plenty of drifting and dust. I'm tempted to dress this as a rally car....can't get red mudflaps out of my head

imp_stp_3.jpg
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 11-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Tanqueray Guest

When do you spend time with your family, you must have at least 6 projects on the go at all times!

As for tires and wheels, I picked up some academy tires from toughracing.com and love em, they so purrrrty, they were the only ones I found that actually remotely looked like a rally tire.

is that suby body the one from the df03ra kit or is it a 190mm one? how wide is it and what offsets ya running, looks like 0mm.

Plenty of family time still!

It is both a DF03 and 190mm Tamiya Subaru body
    HPI 3mm offsets front and back pictured here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast