sbg  

AE Element
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to - making your own links

Hillbillycrawler Guest

I found this today on another forum and thought I would share it with you guys.great little tool and I just ordered one for my self.
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150200
    I no that it's from another site hope that it's still ok to post it.

Dribble Guest

Looks like im going to have to go shopping for this stuff and try it myself. Been wanting links on my truck and nobody has had any instock but if i can save myself from spending $70 plus tax on them why not. Thanks for this.

Anyone know where in chilliwack or abby that i can get the 1/4" brakeline or stainless steel tubing. I going to check canadian tire here for the 8-32 allthread.
    Last edited by Dribble; 07-11-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question

I've been getting the stainless from metal supermarket on 92a and 201 st in port kells (couple blocks behind the collosus theater)

Dribble Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Puppy View Post
    I've been getting the stainless from metal supermarket on 92a and 201 st in port kells (couple blocks behind the collosus theater)
    ok thanks. Im going to see what i can find out this way in the chilliwack/abby area. I cant get to port kells.

kyle_l Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble View Post
    ok thanks. Im going to see what i can find out this way in the chilliwack/abby area. I cant get to port kells.
    if you cant find what you are looking for, i have some threaded rod here in mission.

Draz Guest

or do what i do and just pick up a tap and die set and just make your own threads they can range from 29 bucks up too 500$+ plus there just handy to have around and it's really easy to use.

NVFOCUS Guest

Well, after reading about everyone's experience in making thier own liks it looks as if I'll be making my own, wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kuatto View Post
    I picked this set up on sale at Canadian Tire http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
    Nice find. Always handy to have around, and the 3mm and 4mm should handy for cleaning up screws or ends that you have to re-use but have gotten damaged.

SlowKrawl Guest

Also, you can also use 10-24 all thread, just need to make sure you tap the revo rod ends first. It add's a bit of weight down low and you'll never have to worry about bending one if you sleeve it with stainless haha. I picked up some stainless 10-24 from home depot.

10-24? Wow, that will be nice and strong. I didn't realize there was enough meat in the rod ends to let you thread for that large of material. Good stuff!
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast