sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: how to make a radiator 101

Tanqueray Guest

Default how to make a radiator 101

figured i'd put this here as well as in my build since it's gotten some fairly positive feedback:

made myself a radiator for my jeep build, very simple and looks pretty good.

Cut out the grill with a small cutting disk, take your time, i nicked only 1 spot, but wish i would of thought of doing this before painting

small popsicle sticks are glued and painted. I glued em piece by piece with wood glue but then i smeared glue all over both sides to strengthen it up

now it needs to be cut to the proper size and placed onto the body, but here's what it looks like. The color is flat aluminum by Tamiya

for sturdiness, i glued a piece of styrene behind it with CA glue.

Forgot to take a picture but i cut the popsicles so they dont show outside the body, they're just behind the grill and i mounted em straight 90 degrees, not parallel to the body which is about 85 degrees, i found it more realistic.

super simple to make, no crazy skills required. I just glued it onto the back of the headlights, but left enough room to be able to put lights into the truck eventually, I was feeling too lazy to make a bracket of some kind.

Hope it helps someone out there keep it real

and completed, just need paint touchups (i didn't think of doing it before painting the truck)

Snow Trooper Guest

cool idea!

i can't see the pics... :(

Me to...

Thread is 5 years old from a member that doesn't even post anymore. Think about it.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Oh... :(