sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R/T

Al,

You're getting really good at those shots. It's so funny that no one knows how you do it. I like how you keep them guessing. You should do a 'reveal' shot with you biting the 'board'............ It won't take away from the other beautiful shots. You might see more do the same if you tell your secret.shhh

Thanks, Matt. I'm on the fence about posting a 'how-to'... but.. when you go see a show, you don't really want to know what's going on behind the curtain, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Thanks, Matt. I'm on the fence about posting a 'how-to'... but.. when you go see a show, you don't really want to know what's going on behind the curtain, do you?
    I would want to show that there's no editing involved in your picture. None of these guys seem to realize it. After I learned what that other artist was doing I went back and had a whole new appreciation for his work. Didn't you?

I assume Forced perspective.. Awesome shots and awesome R/T. Try a few shots with real people in there too, or maybe everthing perfect except for a giant insect or someting, lol. Keep up the great work!
    Scale Innovator

Quote Originally Posted by Ax-hole View Post
    I assume Forced perspective.. Awesome shots and awesome R/T. Try a few shots with real people in there too, or maybe everthing perfect except for a giant insect or someting, lol. Keep up the great work!
    Thank you, good advice, and right you are. I'm just starting to play around with 'forced perspective' and have much to learn still. I've been wanting people in the background to help with the illusion but haven't had anyone around when shooting. The out-of-place bug would be funny... Great ideas..

Neat ive figured it out... Did you just paint the "board" a asphalt color?

Yes. The board is painted with grey, black and tan.

[QUOTE=alan;96547]I couldn't resist the straightaway beside the tracks after taking these shots. On the second run, I tried to get her up to 1/2 throttle when things got squirrelly and we had a close encounter with a Jersey barrier.. Back to the shop!
    (Pardon the background plagiarism again, KJ.. I like trains too. Luckily, there's no shortage of them around here.)

Man thats SICK! So i see your are ready for a race! :3gears: Looks like a good spot to me!
    Got any rat rod repelent?

koomz Guest

wow alan..shes a beaut and what gorgeous pics man..

Thanks, bro.. We'll take some shots when the v-dub comes out..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast