sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kev's new shop/shops.

That's far out man. What is the advantage to having a light up workbench? Pardonmyworkbenchn00bness.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    That's far out man. What is the advantage to having a light up workbench? Pardonmyworkbenchn00bness.
    Thanks Richard.
    Well it's not on full time as it's killer on the eyes. Sending some early years in graphics I spent some time cutting on these and 8hrs on it will give you a mind bending headache.
    My main reason is for all of my graphic stuff, the light table's super for tracing designs, cutting masks, vinyl and lighting detail parts when your head's in the way of all the overhead lighting. Very handy for dashboard light test and anything printed semi-transparent. Having the clear cutting mat helps protect the glass surface, still allows me to use the light table and keep my styrene cuts clean using the grid.
    I'm going to tear the table back down before spring, paint clean and experiment with bulbs.
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 02-01-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Very cool, thanks for the knowledge! I figured some of it was for tracing and cutting things out. It certainly makes for a neat effect.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

NP!
    They make a great table if you can find em used as they're very expensive new. A little extreme for those who will only use them a few times a year. You'd be surprised how often you'd use them if it was beside you... I do suggest guys make or find a small table (8x10) as they make a nice addition to your tool arsenal!

Been a while since I've updated this and lots done now that I'm doing more models and non toxic stuff, I'll catch you up to speed...

New tool day a while back!
    I see allot of brass and model building in my future so with some xmas money a little elf left me I ordered some new stuff. Micromark Universal Bender, Mini Brake, FotoEtch Cutters, Sprue Cutters, Burnishing Tool, Mandrel, Mini Bits, Polishing Set and my favorite... Worlds Smallest Brushes!

Managed to get, just made it through the last bin of hardware... then found two more bins behind the boxes under the table... uggg! My Ikea lamp melted the switch out of it so I invested in the new LED unit with magnifyer.

New paint racks.

Getting the hobby bench cleaned and organized. A few wooden organizers arrived in the post todayfrom MicroMark. Also added a few wooden boxes of my own. All are solid mounted on a piece of one side finished ply and varnished. Now nothing will slide around and I've got a place to hang tape and specialty tools. A whole box of new tools and toys arrived so I can't wait to get them in their new spots.

Starting to get settled in, figuring out where things should go. It's kinda fun deciding what should live where. Recycling a few more wooden things, bamboo cuttlery drawers for loose styrene stock and decals. Now that the contents of my scale bin and RC sticker drawers have been liquidated I can get them sorted for new stuff.

Also liberated M's tablet so I can run the chrome cast through it... I can keep up on my netflix and how to's when she's not using it!

Found a cheap little 6" fan at CTyre for $12. Now the only toxic thing left in this area will be ABS solvent (used in small doses) this little fan will keep the fresh air flowing past my face so it can't get to me as easy. Have another larger fan going in too but need to wait till I paint to mount it.

The next area on my list... right side wall is getting the treatment next. Most of the heavier tools will be going down to the lower shop so this will leave room for some better organization.

New tool day!
    Got my newest airbrush, Pasche Talon and finally a new Scilent Compressor. Got a nice discount on this display model yesterday. Pasche DC600R... 50db so nice and quiet for the hobby room.

Now just waiting on the mini spray booth to arrive!

Your little shoppe is very neat and organized! Looking good Kev!

wow! what a cool well organized space. Having been a drafter from the old days, I've spent a few hours over a light table... we have several nice big ones at work that don't get used anymore.... hmmmm.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

What a classy room sir. Keep the fumes down!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast