sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kev's new shop/shops.

true-scalecrawler Guest

wow Kev, that is a big flip on that room! looks great. and no..... ive unpacked half of my rc stuff lots still in boxes...... i gotta splurge and buy some shelving for my hobby room(2nd bedroom) and my closet is painted with 80's spaceman silver

Man that was 3 hrs of walpaper just for the closet. BTW....who tha hell wallpapers inside a closet including shelves? LOL[/quote]

dont worry buddy

the wallpaper steamer is on its way to make life easier
    whats that truck mmm im thinking again

rockrawler Guest

Good use of space or the lack of..... How big"or small" is the room? I still like your old shop.

Spent the few days of holidays that i had this year getting organized. Thought I'd update the thread a little....

The room is approx 11'x15' excluding the little doorway so it's similar to living on the boat, everything has or will have dual functions.

Everyone asks how and where I take my pics now that I don't have the photo booth in the shop...well here it is. I still haven't applied the piece of weatherstrip in these photos but you get the idea (the weather strip goes on the bottom of the upper panel, when it folds up it makes an almost seamless transition between the panels, photoshop gets rid of the small dis-colorization in the images for the magazine or high quality print images.

Folded up it sits right behind the door and takes up no room and is super low tech!

Parts List
    - 2 sheets of white malamine board
    - 2 hinges
    - Hooks and chain to hold the lower half when it's up
    - Screws and hardware to mount

The lighting was a little expensive but is kind of multi purpose.
    The light mounted to the ceiling is a Day Light lamp and pumps out a mean amount of light (and heat) The additional light comes from 3 other sources, 2 are Ott Lights (full spektrum lighting) and lastly to spread a little warm directional light the one on the filing cabinet twists around in front of the object being photographed.

Just as a side note, the Day Light is really nice to have on in the winter after 4 solid months of rain and overcast skies.
    Still getting ready for trim and flooring but need to make this totally functional to keep up with all of the projects
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 04-25-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Just snapped a pic of the wall of shame....I know I've got a problem!
    I made myself a deal though. as soon as there's no room left on the shelves aside from the Clod and my crawler (that will hang on the wall) something's gotta go.

Apparently besides my boat, the other RCs no longer make nice living room decorations?

Last edited by UNGLEWD; 04-25-2011 at 12:54 PM.

JasonC Guest

Lucky for you, there will be a spot freeing up soon

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Just snapped a pic of the wall of shame....I know I've got a problem!
    I made myself a deal though. as soon as there's no room left on the shelves aside from the Clod and my crawler (that will hang on the wall) something's gotta go.

Apparently besides my boat, the other RCs no longer make nice living room decorations?

Why is the Z up on that shelf. I thought that belong to Martina there it should be in the living room. That way you have one more free spot on the shelf. LOL

That is not a wall of shame that, that is a wall of coolness. Looks like you are settling into your new shop just fine.

Colin

Nice one Colin...technicality!
    A few more spots free this week, making room for new stuffs

Well, this is as good as the workspace gets until we put the new floors in and finish the room.
    I can at least find almost everything I'm looking for....next is the downstairs shop!

Last edited by UNGLEWD; 04-25-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Finally now that the reno's almost complete I can get to making my hobby room the way I want it.
    I spoiled myself a little and got my transparent cutting mat for my table...
    Let there be light!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast