sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Ax10 rtc aftermarket shocks

874runnersr5 Guest

Default Ax10 rtc aftermarket shocks

hey all, next mod is shocks for the rig.. what are the best options? rebuild the current ones with alum shock bodies or just get complete new ones? what about length? shorter vs longer?

thanks

.-. Guest

i would get new ones .....this was the first major upgrade that i did to my ax10 crawler besides changing to alluminum links ...the shocks i would suggest are the losi comp shocks they work really good great travel and rebound ....i run 30 weight silicone shock oil ....i have never had any problems with them and they make crawling a better experiance overall

ForkliftJeff Guest

Yup, I've had no problems with my losi crawler shocks. http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=TMLA5082
    They crawled great, and then I put them on my trail truck and beat the hell out of em. Still no problems at all. If you run em on your crawler (or any shock on a crawler) I'd suggest putting them on upside down. The heavy side down to keep your c.o.g. low.

.-. Guest

upside down eh jeff.....i would of never thought of ....hmmmmm i think i will change mine up...or should i say down ........jeff the logical mind ....LOL thanks dude

Heinz57 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ForkliftJeff View Post
    Yup, I've had no problems with my losi crawler shocks. http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=TMLA5082
    They crawled great, and then I put them on my trail truck and beat the hell out of em. Still no problems at all. If you run em on your crawler (or any shock on a crawler) I'd suggest putting them on upside down. The heavy side down to keep your c.o.g. low.
    i've always done the upside down shock thing...but makes ya wonder why"comp ready"crawlers don't do this outta the box.