sbg  

AE Element
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Headquake's Offroad Park

Hillbillycrawler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Headquake View Post
    The swamp dawgs are great tires in the dirt but not the best on rocks.
    Cut out the smallest lugs then use a dremel with a sanding drum.My work great on the rocks know.
    Last edited by Headquake; 03-14-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Hello, i forgot to update the last change to the track for last year. In around mid August 2010, i changed a few parts again, and widened out the whole track a bit more. Here's a pre and post August drawing to see the changes.

It was alot of fun like this and i took a bunch of pics of it during one of my last full days of riding before the snow hit hard in December. I've been going through all my pics recently, dreaming of what i'd like to do to it this spring. Usually start digging in mid March or so, i like to keep this thread so i can look back and remember all the stages it goes through.

Here's one of my vids of this layout during a nice early September day of sc10 action.

Pics - late November 2010.

Last edited by Headquake; 05-07-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Hillbillycrawler Guest

That's a great place you got there Rick.

.-. Guest

that is one wicked track you have there.......great video coverage on there

Quote Originally Posted by R/C Bashist View Post
    Looks pretty smooth. Could you run a rally car on it?
    Yeah, its smooth and i have driven my DF03 rally car on the track a bit. The track is quite big now though and set up more for shortcourse or 1/10 buggys. Something with more suspension, because to clear the big double with a rally car you need alot of speed, and to crash on those size jumps really wrecks them quickly. I keep my rally car off it mostly, and stick to the trails.

SPRING 2011 UPDATE:

Hooray! Spring is finally in Ontario. The snows all gone, and the ground has thawed enough to start diggin' some earth.

I decided to keep the main layout from last fall as its a good one. We're gonna try racing more out here this year so i've started by widening out some areas and actually getting rid of a few jumps. I want this to be less about jumps this year and more about a scale kinda shortcourse racetrack. More changes will come along once we get riding it alot again, probably add some things and grow the berms some more.

The dirts perfect to work with right now. Its like a nice packy clay. I don't know what i prefer to carve more, wood or dirt.

Heres a few of todays pics.

The wide sweeper type turn is about 1 1/2 feet wider on the outside now. The lane is now 7 feet across from the center grass to outside of this corner.

In the next pic, I widened the back corner by about a foot and smoothed over the old tight double that was in the left of this pic. The jump was to sharp anyway and since we'll be driving from a different vantage point this year, the spot was too blind now for having a jump here. Its a cool single/dip/uphill section now.

Lots more widening and cleaning up the sides. That berm on the sunny left of this next pic was pushed back a couple feet deeper.

The big double that was in the bottom of this next pic is now reduced to a single, the lane has been widened and the corner on the left of pic has been more sharply angled. The big hump just after that corner is a little bigger now too.

This next one shows the south section which is pretty much the same, yet widened by 1 - 2 feet and the jump on the left and the big bump on the right are a bit bigger. Im planning to make a small drivers stand that will be in the background left of this pic, along the old fence.

So thats the progress over the last few days. Still got a little more stuff to do but its rideable now. I did a few batterys worth with my B4 buggy today and it was so nice to ride again.

I love my track. I seriously do.

I love your track too. Seriously. This is going to be a great season!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Hello again fellas, time to update.

Well 2011 was a great year on the track, i didn't change the layout much this year but i did alot of upkeep and detailing on the various berms and surface in general. During the early summer i did extend one of the corners back a little more (see pic G) and changed the bumps in another (pic H).

The drawing below shows the layout of the track to scale as of November 2011. Its about 120 x 80 feet in size now. The letters A-H refer to the photos below which were taken in September 2011. The arrows represent the angle that the camera was pointing.

These are some of my favourite track pics so far. It was a beautiful autumn day and i did not much else but ride the track all day. Switching it up between my B4 and SC10 while batterys charged. The dirt was perfect that day, not too dry, not too hard, a bit loose, smooth and beautiful. I love the way the dirt looks with all the tire tracks, the surface loosened up all even and nice. Such a good good time. I get so passionate about this spot, It really is a magical little place.

And here's a video from November.

Last edited by Headquake; 05-07-2012 at 07:05 PM.

The best part about your track Rick, other than the fact that it's situated perfectly on the property and is a super challenging ride every time, is that there is not a single sponsorship banner anywhere. It's sponsored by nature and kitty cats. Perfect man.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Awesome looking track man. May I come play?

evil

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast