sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Headquake's Offroad Park

JMR450 Guest

Very nice, what a beautiful layout. I too have begun transforming my back yard into a mini R/C proving ground. Not too big, ( 20 x 50 ) but a nice tight technical track for my SC10. Rock garden is now underway. Your creativity is very inspirational, thank you for posting your pics.

Jeremy

Default Headquake's Rock Garden

Besides building and playing on my track this spring, i've also slowly build up this rock garden next to the house. I carried all the big stones one at a time from an acre away, downhill in the woods on the other side of a wooden fence. Took me about a month doing 4 or 5 trips a day. Good excercise indeed.

Theres lots of different lines varying in steepness but its set up pretty mellow for scalers. A comp crawler would have no problem at all. Its quite a challenge for my Chevy though with its new trail tires. The swamp dawgs are great tires in the dirt but not the best on rocks.

tracar Guest

why do i live in edmonton . (i dont know )
    but that sure does look like a great place to live.

koomz Guest

man how much land do you own...I gotta come see ya with all my toys..lol...awesoem job man!

I vote for playday at Head's place... let's plan it (and get the invite! LOL!)
    Real good job there, man... even my wife wouldn't mind a rock pile if it matched the landscape like yours!

So in the last couple months the tracks all worked in nice. The dirts packed hard and the grass has grown in so much that its needed a few trims already. Its field grass and it grows 4 feet tall if you let it.

Ive built a few more additions recently. I extended the corner back around the tree in picture "D" and built up a nice steep berm. Really helps keep up the speed for the big jump. I also made a whole new left turn bump section that you can see in the back of pic "E". So now the track is basically a long straight with lots of criss-crossing back and forth through it. Makes for lots of nice left and right turns and also alot more length to the track. Really flows nice and has lots of variety. Might be a criss cross crash senario with a few trucks racing together but 99% of the time its just me alone anyhow. I still drive from near the middle of the track but i don't have to spin in circles anymore. Much better.

We've been having a perfect amount of rain here this year too. Keeps the track nice and solid. The earth is so nice here that it soaks up the rain and drys out quick.

Im a lucky cat.

Heres a new scale sketch of the track as of today. The letters represent the pics below, the arrows are the direction the camera was pointed.

Here's a more recent video to add to the thread.

Last edited by Headquake; 05-07-2012 at 06:52 PM.

tic113 Guest

love you'r truck what is it???

Allot of work, especially with only one or two at a time. Looks great though, like a dry riverbed.
    I'm going to have to get real creative in our new place to create something to play on.

jeenyus Guest

thats a great setup

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast