PDA

View Full Version : Question about servo's and esc's.

SlowKrawl
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM
My trusty mg-645 bit the dust on me, and I am now looking for another servo. Aside from which one is the "best", if I run 300 o.z. of torque, am I just going to break steering parts?

On the esc's, I was checking out a mamba max pro today and two things about it..I hear mixed reviews about the drag brake, and the 6s capability...Is there even a brushed motor that will handle that? How many cells with a HH puller motor take?

Thanks for any help guys, I apparently havn't been keeping up to date in the crawler world.

SlowKrawl
11-29-2009, 07:51 AM
I've never seen steering parts break due to a strong servo, its always in a fall or jam the servo or parts will die. What the hell do you want to run 6s for? Thats unreal unless you have a mid size heli, JMO. 3 cells are more then enough for sending a 1/10 - 1/8 scale crawler flying.

Cause I can! At least just to try it. I doubt it would be practical for everyday use. I would like to run 4s though. Thanks for the input man.

ecoli
11-30-2009, 12:20 PM
I've broken steering parts mostly when the wheels get in a bind and I give it a bit too much throttle or in a tumble. I suppose you could theoretically break them with just the steering servo if you're using an aluminum horn and strong steering links and plastic knuckles. I will say I've moved heavy boulders just with the steering and didn't break any parts.

For the puller motor, HH recommends 3 cell max, but it could probably handle 4 cells, just watch the temps. Instead of the MM pro, take a look at the HH torquemaster BR-XL. Handles up to 6 cells, built in 5a switching BEC, same size as the sidewinder, fully programmable through Castle Link, and cheaper than the MM pro. If interested, pm me, I can get you a deal on one :biggthumpup: