PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

madhatter
08-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I did some searching but I didn't find anything. I know I'm a bad searcher but...
Has anyone run their novak 18.5 brushless in water?

Copious
08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
In the novak instructions is says it is NOT water proof. However I have seen someone run it si deep the only thing that kept the truck afloat was the air trapped in the body. I got one little splash on mine and it freaked right out. Some have had luck and some have not. I don't recomend it.:beerchug:

Code454
08-23-2009, 08:29 PM
i did some searching on the web and only found stuff on the brushed and just sealing stuff but not on the brushless, someone else with the system should be able to help some more tho

madhatter
08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
In the novak instructions is says it is NOT water proof. However I have seen someone run it si deep the only thing that kept the truck afloat was the air trapped in the body. I got one little splash on mine and it freaked right out. Some have had luck and some have not. I don't recomend it.:beerchug:

That does seem to be the case hey? I here lots of stories saying ''I know a guy..'' but no concrete yes's or no's.
Think I'm gonna coat the motor ans seal the inlets for the wires and give'er.:confused:

rockrawler
08-23-2009, 09:41 PM
I've seen the brushless system work when the esc is in a water tight container, But i don't know about mud:nonono: