PDA

View Full Version : Question...Holes for body posts

bonger
06-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Just wondering...I finished painting and now when I go to ream the holes for my body post mounts should I go from the inside>out or from the outside>in?:confused: I also have not pealed off the outer protective film yet as I heard it would help protect it while you put the holes in...yes/no? Thanks for any help/tips.

Chaos
06-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I am no painter but if you painted it yourself..you should have sat the body on the chassis and drilled the holes prior...just so they lined up perfect...but since it is painted already ream from both sides as it will help clean up the hole and surrounding area

good luck :beerchug:

bonger
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes, I already marked the holes on the outside before I painted it...I read to paint first then do holes after. Also forgot to ask...how long to wait after painting before doing holes, and how long to wait before peeling off window masking? Thanks again.

t-man
06-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I ream first, paint, then peel everything to see the results.

ForkliftJeff
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Yup, I do all the trimming and holes before the painting. Works great.

Just as soon as the paint is dry to the touch you can finish it off. Just be careful when peeling the window masks that the paint doesn't start to peel off too. And I always leave the protective film till last then pull it off. Awesome. I love painting bodies.

true-scalecrawler
06-16-2009, 08:24 PM
lexan paint dries quite fast!......let it sit and cure for a few hours......if its regular car paint then let it cure over night.....