PDA

View Full Version : How do you set up a CC BEC?

miller
02-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Mine came in the mail. Do I disconnect the red wire from my mamba max that plugs into the rx and then plug the bec plug into the BAT terminal on the rx?

I don't want to burn this up before the comp :rake: Oh and it's for more juice to my servo.

Thanks in advance doods.

Teapot
02-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Pretty much. I forget, doesn't it have a wiring schematic on the back of the package? I only downside that I've stumbled across with my current setup, is that I don't have a on/off switch for my servo anymore, since the BEC is bypassing the ESC.

HeyOK
02-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Mine came in the mail. Do I disconnect the red wire from my mamba max that plugs into the rx and then plug the bec plug into the BAT terminal on the rx?

I don't want to burn this up before the comp :rake: Oh and it's for more juice to my servo.

Thanks in advance doods.

Yes, you have that right. By removing the red lead from the mamba that goes to the receiver, the mamba's own BEC is disconnected. The CC BEC will supply power to every thing else by connecting it to the BAT connection on the receiver. If you don't have a BAT connection, you could plug it into a spare channel if you have that.

Another option is to have the mamba power the receiver and the CC BEC power only the servo. You would do this by connecting the red lead from the servo to the CC BEC output lead only. This leaves two connections from the servo to the receiver, the negative and the signal wires. Doing this probably isn't going to buy you much though because the CC BEC is capable of so much current, but if you wanted to run your servo at a voltage higher than the radio could handle, that is how you would do it.

miller
02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Okay I have the bec pluged into the battery with the mamba max red wire that goes into the rx disconected.

How can I set it up so that when I turn the esc off it also turns the power to the servo off or can I? Thanks guys just need to finish this off then I can button up my hood and I'm good to go.

HeyOK
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Unless you put in a double pole switch with one pole switching the BEC and the other switching the ESC, you are stuck pulling the battery plug.

miller
02-15-2008, 11:54 PM
bummer...well gonna run without it tomorrow