PDA

View Full Version : Losi MRC - Receiver Failure

UNGLEWD
03-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem?
I'd run through almost a full battery pack in my new MRC...went out for a few minutes today after the rain cleared on a fresh battery pack. I managed to make it a few feet up the rocks and everything shut down...No throttle, no steering, just a small steering servo glitch when you first turn on the power switch for the ESC.
I went through the manual thinking I needed to Re-bind it again ...nothing.
Went through all of the usual bad stuff that happens and nothing.
I took it into the LHS where I purchased it and after a call to Losi, the result was a fried receiver.
Actually happy to say a new one is on the way, no questions asked.

after returning to the house I tossed in a DX3 and all is well again.

Anyone else run into this or am I just lucky today?
Nice customer service on Losi's part (the LHS too of course!)

canadianlimitededition
03-18-2009, 09:00 PM
i fried my sons esc, was totally my fault, shorted some wires

Gonzo007
03-19-2009, 08:26 PM
nope not a RX

But I did cook my BEC in my ESC. Mind you I was running 2 Hitec servos with Losi Aluminum Bead locks loaded with weight. So now I run a FX-R with a separate BEC.

Colin

UNGLEWD
03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm wondering if this is also part of my problem?
Yesterday my new DX3 Reciever suffered the same fate as the original....
Would it be possible that a bad ESC or BEC could cause the Reciever to fail or fry?
I've never run into this issue before.

Gonzo007
03-21-2009, 10:23 AM
For sure. If the voltage into the RX spikes then it could take out the rx. try a different ESC.

Colin

UNGLEWD
03-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Yep, right you are... took it into the shop and Losi wil be replacing my ESC now. Also Neil and Shawn were cool enough to offer to replace my DX reciever....more parts should be in for Friday. I'm leaning on moving towards the Novak mini brushless crawler combo in the next month anyways...but I want to play now.
Thanks for the help!

Gonzo007
03-22-2009, 05:48 PM
I would interested in hearing your thoughts on that Novak BL system Kevin if you decide to get it.

Colin