PDA

View Full Version : Radio And Servo?

Murd0c
02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
So I just picked up my AX10 and need to get a radio and servo for it of course. I'm planning on going to the place in Langley today(forget the name :crazy:) and was wondering what the best setup would be?

Of course I want to go rear steer in the future so I would be getting the 3 channel.

Thanks for your help
Cheers

harley
02-06-2008, 09:20 AM
i have Hitec.aggressor 3 channel fm radio system.with hitec servo NS-5955TG works good for me:3gears:

UNGLEWD
02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
My suggestion to anyone on here is to spend the extra bucks and get a Spektrum.
I know they may seem a bit more expensive but the added value and security far outweigh the price difference.
There are deals out there and I'm pretty sure even from local hobby shops you can pick up a DX3 Spektrum for around $165 (with 1 receiver).
If you think of the time you'll save not having to do frequency checks, before or during meets. You also end up with several model memories so you can run the same transmitter on all of your other stuff (with extra receivers of course)
Not to mention having your truck built and dialed in running on the rocks and the servos tweaking and glitching?
I currently use a DX6 Spektrum and am about to purchase a DX3 to replace all of my other regular AM/FM radios. I think you'll find as more people respond to this subject/post that more and more are moving towards Spektrum, this being the reason for so many trans/receiver combos for sale.

If you are thinking of buying a FM radio and want to keep things on the cheep, you might want to check out the stuff for sale section here on the forum. Might be a solution to see if you like them.

Keep in mind, you asked for opinions and this is just mine.
hope it helps

Murd0c
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
what is the price difference from a DX3 to another new unit not at good?

just wondering how big the difference is.

Cheers

UNGLEWD
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
My guestimate would be around $75, depending where you buy and what deal you get.

Murd0c
02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
My guestimate would be around $75, depending where you buy and what deal you get.

I'm planning on going to rcpitspot after work. Are they pretty good there with pricing and such?

UNGLEWD
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Not sure, my local shop is One Stop in Abbotsford.
That's what I based my prices on.
Good luck man, see you on the rocks!

Murd0c
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks For The Help!!!!!

Murd0c
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
RC pit stop didn't have the DX3 there selling it for $259 :crazy:(or is that normal?)

ended up getting getting the hitec SRX and a hitec HS-645MG servo.

Now my questions is how did I get it to work I don't know what goes where LOL

4mods
02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
haha, I remember that day like it was yesterday man. You want to put channel 1 as your servo and channel 2 as your esc. Hope this helps!

Nerve
02-07-2008, 08:18 AM
If you are only looking for a 2 channel Spektrum, you can pick up the DX2 for $170
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=SPM20200

Spektrum DX3 (original) for $250. The only place I have seen it was on GreatHobbies.com
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=SPM2030
My LHS has told me that it is discontinued.

The next one up would be the DX 3.0 for $249
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=SPM20300

Then the kicker of them all is the DX3r for $320
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=SPM3100

A friend of mine is going to let me try out his DX3r this weekend @ the race track. He says it is a steep price, but it far outshines the DX3.0 by a long shot. Far more responsive. There is also a 30 model memory vs 4 model if that concerns you. He also stated that if you buy a DX3.0 you will end up spending more money later on. This same friend also has around 10-15 models... lol.

I'am fence post sitting on ordering up a Spektrum as well. All the crawler guys here want me to convert. I know the DX3r would be the very last radio I buy.

*sigh*