PDA

View Full Version : 360 Wireless TX/RX

bbriand
01-18-2009, 09:05 PM
I have searched these and other forums and sifted through many Google pages using different wording but my search did not find the answer.

Would it be possible to take a xbox 360 wireless controller and a 360 Wireless to PC USB Receiver Adapter and turn this combo into a radio and receiver? Now the more important question is anyone working on this?

I just think of the possibility of that $30 adapter and maybe a couple PIC chips, USB to serial relay circuits, whatever it takes would have. Then slap on top of that something like the 360 mini keyboard that plugs into the controller for macros or real time adjustments to things such as throttle or channel mixing... is it silly?

Electronics has been a come and go hobby of mine and alone this exceeds my capabilities. But something like this collaborated on together would be something I am certain would produce a working product.

Cheers,

Bill

bbriand
01-19-2009, 04:44 AM
I thought about it after posting last night and thought maybe the range on the controller would be too limited.

insomniak
01-19-2009, 01:06 PM
thats your exact problem .the wireless in the 360 controllers is only good for about 30ft and up to 60 but it gets sketchy after 30 or so .but i think if someone could devise a way to cram it into a micro that would be sweet

farmer
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
that looked real cool,wouldn,t try racing with it but if you were to boost the signal for more range and a few other mods it could be a big hit espeacially with some of those vr goggle thingys.