PDA

View Full Version : help on offset tires

true-scalecrawler
12-19-2008, 12:47 PM
im looking to use my stock fully locked ax10 axels in my throwdownII build.
they are not the ultimate axels, but they look pretty scale to me(minus the lack of removable cover/carrier)
wat i want to know is the following:
-if i change my mind and go 1.9 will it throw off the look?(axels look too big?).....
-is there a scale looking 2.2 narrow wheel that has an offset that will bring the wheels in a little bit closer to the frame?.......(i hope so:1zhelp:)
-or in regards to the last question,... is there a particular measurement of offset for me to be looking for?......
:1zhelp:pls pls pls help me ill take ne help i can!!:1zhelp:

if its any help as well , i belive the body measurements are 6.75"wide at the rear, (a lil narrower in the front), roughly 18"long, 5.5" tall, and a perfect 12"wheel base

pathfinder95
12-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I found a set of 2.0 that are super narrow at my lhs, cant remember from what car (think it was manta ray but not sure)... i could take pics of them, therye 12mm hex tamiya `centerline` type of wheel...(no spokes or holes) with fake rivets...more scale that 2.2 (of course its depending on what body you will use) and will take 2.2 tires if glued correctly, or a little bit stretched 1.9s will fit like a glove on them...
they look very good and were very cheap!!

true-scalecrawler
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
if i go with 1.9" tires, will that bring the rubber into the fender wells?
i really need to know, im contemplating changing my throwdown entry from an '02 ram ext cab. to a jacked up '03 escalade suv.... and both bodies are a different whl base:1zhelp: wat do i do?....

corycrawler
12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
the deepest offset 2.2 wheels readily available would be the stampede/rustler rears or the rpm negative offset crawler wheels, the 'pede hexes are pretty weak, but if u glue em in they should survive in a scaler. As soon as u start narrowing, your offset will dissapear. U could go with a 1.9 rim like an hpi stocker. the offset is about 1/2" in from ur hex, to bring the tires into the wheelwells. I have a set of these w. rubber from my pajero which would be super scale if ur intrested. hope this helps

true-scalecrawler
12-20-2008, 12:48 AM
depending on how solidly the old rubbers were glued, i just might be interested.....ne pics? :luxhello: also, how much?