PDA

View Full Version : Losi Xclerin?

Copious
11-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Has any one tried the losi Xcelerin's yet? They are availeable from 3.5 to 17.5 turns. The 17.5 turn is very close to the goats 18.5 turn BUT the Losi will take a 3s lipo versus the goat on 2s. The speed control is as programable as the Castle creations esc's via your PC. And to boot they are also sensored for great responce. I am thinking about picking one of these guys up. They price is o.k. too.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdID=LOSB9553

mrb
11-11-2008, 02:05 PM
if we can use our extra 18 turn motors we have kicking around from novak, with 3s with the sensored esc mentioned?

if so jay man, you and I could get away with a esc purchase, and finally use the motor that is collection some dust.

Copious
11-11-2008, 05:43 PM
if we can use our extra 18 turn motors we have kicking around from novak, with 3s with the sensored esc mentioned?

if so jay man, you and I could get away with a esc purchase, and finally use the motor that is collection some dust.

You read my mind B, But will the novak take the three cell power is what I am wondering.

vonclod
11-11-2008, 06:51 PM
i,m pretty sure they will..its the esc that cant do the voltage..novak is usually good with tech questions i was thinking you could also use a vxl esc if drag brake wasnt neccesary as it will do sensored mtrs and will do 3s..might work on trail rigs + the vxl is waterresistant..i,m going to try it in my cr01 :rock:

mrb
11-11-2008, 07:08 PM
especially with a non-sensored esc. Let me know when your taking the cro1 out to try, I'll bring mine along for a bash.

vonclod
11-11-2008, 08:09 PM
actually the vxl is sensored..there is a port on the esc for sensor wires..it can run both:luxhello:...gonna hit up 1 of the shops for a goat mtr tommorow:rock:

Copious
11-11-2008, 08:12 PM
actually the vxl is sensored..there is a port on the esc for sensor wires..it can run both:luxhello:...gonna hit up 1 of the shops for a goat mtr tommorow:rock:

This is true but I want the extra programing of the LOSI

vonclod
11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
i hear ya on that..im just saying the vxl/goat should work as long as esc tuning isnt a big deal..if you get a few people together on some of those systems lmk..i,m in:rock:

Copious
11-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i hear ya on that..im just saying the vxl/goat should work as long as esc tuning isnt a big deal..if you get a few people together on some of those systems lmk..i,m in:rock:

I am gonna get one after christmas. Then we will ask around for a package deal.