PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Deans

2 STEP
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I assume you could get them at any local electronics store. Am I right? Is there a better place to get them other than the 5$ I got ripped at the LHS?

Thanks
Glenn

Tired
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I assume you could get them at any local electronics store. Am I right? Is there a better place to get them other than the 5$ I got ripped at the LHS?

Thanks
Glenn

lol, well yes. Check online sources, of course, if you can wait. Good for you for supporting local when possible...

I have used the ones on eBay from Hong Kong, they are a replica of the Deans and sometimes a bit of heat melts the plastic housing very quickly, but if you can live with a few pieces not up to snuff, you get around 10 pairs for 5 bucks shipped to the door.
The extremely low resistance seems to put up with my lipos without causing the heat generated by the Tamiya type plugs just like the Deans.

ejej
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
No, you can't get them at an electronics store. They are pretty specialized, mostly used for RC.

I'm pretty sure that I got them for under four dollars with tax at both Extreme in Chilliwack and One Stop in Abbotsford. I don't want to track down my receipts.

If you ever order from an online RC site you could add some to your order. Personally, I wouldn't use the knock-offs, but I'm sure they would be much better than Tamiyas.

Edit: Well, I was in the shop working on my crawler, and I found the receipt from Xtreme. $3.25 per package of two, $6.55 for two packages after discount(for being in their computer, I presume) including tax.

Considering that the price from tcscrawler.com ranges from US $2.40-2.70 and the price on towerhobbies ranges from US $2.69- $3.59, I think that the local price is fair.

^I hope I'm not being anal about this. I noticed that their price on the AX-10 kit was pretty high. And I wasn't impressed with the service at a different local hobby store. Yet I think that LHS's are important for RC. I'm not interested in buying every last thing online.

2 STEP
10-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Im not really interested in buying anything online. Im a touchy feely kinda guy, like to use all my senses. LOL I enjoy the service part of it, it goes a long way to newcommers to decide on a particular coarse of action to take, help way out some options. If the guy is just gonna casually reach around and grab whats closest,.. then he will be grabbing alot less of my money:haha: