PDA

View Full Version : Help wiring new truck

ScottinBend
03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I just recently got a GelandeII and was wondering if anyone would help a guy out with wiring it all up. I have tried to educate myself on the proper way, but I am just getting more confused.

I have an Eiger ESC, CC BEC, Savox servo, and the new RC4WD Warn winch wired controller. I would love some help with how to properly wire these up.

Thanks

imthatguy
03-07-2014, 04:38 AM
Sounds like you've got all the right pieces, where are you getting hung up? What transmitter/receiver are you using?

ScottinBend
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Sorry, forgot about the Rx...it's the Spektrum SR301. I would like to run the winch and servo of off the BEC at 7v (or so). Where I am getting hung up is there is some discussion about having to run the black ground wire back to the Rx to eliminate some potential problems with glitching. Some also say to run the Rx from the BEC and only run the motor from the battery.....I am getting real confused on what the best way is.

YJ_Driver
03-09-2014, 05:02 AM
The black wire is your ground which is the reference and return path for all signals and power, so do keep them all connected. Use the red power wire to choose what gets what power.

The RX should be powered by the ESC as there's no advantage to it having 7V, and even if the SR301 can handle 7V you might swap RXs later on and that one may not, or you might add other electronics such as light controllers or other servos that won't like the 7V.

So, only wire the BEC red wire to the steering servo and winch, and pull out their red wire from their connector to the RX (don't cut them, you may to change back later).

Hope this clears things up.

Richard

ScottinBend
03-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Like this...?
http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/members/scottinbend-albums-stuff-picture3248-my-wiring.jpg

ScottinBend
03-09-2014, 12:12 PM
I may change this to run only the servo off of the BEC as the winch really doesn't need to be run at 7+ volts.

And I forgot to put in the ESC, but I figured you guys would know that will go between the battery and Rx...;)

YJ_Driver
03-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Did you try to post a pic? Cause I can't see one.

ScottinBend
03-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Weird....I can see it. I'll try again.
http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/members/scottinbend-albums-stuff-picture3248-my-wiring.jpg

imthatguy
03-10-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm not seeing anything, and no code in your post.

Make sure you're using a Photo hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack.

ScottinBend
03-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Here is a link....

imthatguy
03-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Nope. That does;t work either. Presumably, the other site doesn't allow for hot linking.

ScottinBend
03-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Not sure what is going on but the image works from 2 other sites. Wish I could attach an image.....

I will try and describe what I am planning on doing. From the deans plug at the battery I will have power going to both the ESC and the BEC. The ESC will have all 3 wires going to the Rx. The BEC will then go to the servo with the power lines and the signal wire taped off. The servo will get the signal wire from the Rx along with a black ground wire. I have decided to go ahead and use the Rx to power the winch as the ESC has a nice 6v BEC.

Sound good?

imthatguy
03-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Attaching images is reserved for Supporting and VIP members. Feel free to use a 3rd party image linking source like Photobucket or Imageshack, like I said before. They're free, and super easy to use.

That said, what you're doing sounds right.

ScottinBend
03-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Gotcha.....and thanks a bunch for the help.

YJ_Driver
03-13-2014, 05:44 AM
What you described should work, get to work!