PDA

View Full Version : Knight Customs Beach Buggy - Now avaialbe on www.shapeways.com

Toykid
09-08-2013, 03:04 PM
So I finally have it ready for sale for any that might be interested. Please see below for pricing and visit my online store if you want to buy:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/knightcustoms

Pricing: All these parts are 3D printed. 3D printing is still expensive and my prices reflect that. I worked hard to get the prices as low as possible but the technology has a long way to go before you can make comparisons to injection molded parts produced in the ten's of thousands. The prices below are guides as the final price will depend on how you configure it. Price does not include wheels, lights, engine, driver figure & Tamiya SRB Donor chassis.

What is does do is let me make parts Tamiya doesn't seem interested in and lets you configure your car to order as well as get a replacement parts without having to buy the entire kit.

Quality. 3D printing has come a long way, but each part needs finishing to a high degree to look as good as the images posted. Be prepared for lots of sanding and priming to get the best results. The material I picked offers similar mechanical properties to ABS plastic - that means you can expect these to be similar to the Tamiya Hard bodied kits. Just don't go trying to jump a triple with brushless and a 3 cell lipo, it won't end well. These are scale models that move.

The engine is not currently ready for sale and will be available as soon as I have finished some last tests.

If you wanted to use the main body as the base and fabricate the other parts you can buy that as a seperate part:

Beach Buggy Main Body 01 - $299

Classic version = $470.93

Full Cage Race version = $511.93

Full Classic Roof version = $550.92

Flip Roof with Race Cage = $569.58

delux
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I've ordered mine!!! Can't wait to start sanding! ;)