PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 mudslingers

tnt-salvage
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
hey guys i have a question for you, i have a set of rc4wd mudslingers and im wondering if its worth cutting the small lugs away? i seen it done lots but wondering if its really worth it? im thinking it is since the lugs are so close together it almost seems like a slick? they work okay as is but im wondering if it will hook up alot better being opend up more? also these tires did not come with foams and my truck has a 1/4 brakeline exo cage, even with the added weight of the cage and roughly 16oz total of sticky wheel weights added to the front wheels and front and rear axle these tires are not very foruming i will be adding more weight to the wheels shortly.(reason i add weight to the axles is i think its less strain on the c hubs and knuckles but maybe im way off? i know it dose not look scale but id rather put money where i need it for other things. i do plan on getting them tho once they brake that is :)

imthatguy
06-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Sounds like you answered your own question! If you're not happy with the performance, give the cutting a shot.

And I'd really run foams.

tnt-salvage
06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
i guess i did, there cut now and yes there is a difference, also i have the 1.9 foams inside.

UNGLEWD
06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
sure does help the tire work... don't forget venting too!

tnt-salvage
06-30-2012, 10:40 AM
yes it dose, there are the two holes in each rim..... do i need more? i like water aswell and then they just fill up :(

UNGLEWD
06-30-2012, 10:44 AM
I do small holes or slits between the treads of mine as well... air and water in >> air and water out.
You can easily get the water out, they drain naturally or you can give them a high speed spin on the drill