PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 Gmade G-air system

NVFOCUS
02-20-2012, 11:39 AM
I just found this, I don't know if it has been shown before so here it is once again.:blink:

Basically the tire system does away with foam inserts by pumping air into the tires so that you can adjust tire pressure on the fly (I guess) it may also add some realism to the hobby.:biggthumpup:

What are you thoughts? :confused:

For more, follow the white rabbit.evil

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=256

http://www.junfac.com/shop/images/box.jpg

I was thinking, because the valve stem is on the wheel, you might be able to use your own tire....maybe :confused:

street.terror
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
this would be awesome on my rock buggy/basher. I think its novel enough that i may buy it next week for it.

The price really is good, as long as they actually hold air. but then again you now have to worry about punctures. I dont see a gauge anywhere either so how do you monitor pressure? there is no way to accurately test different pressures.. but again they are good conversation piece and would be a neat gimmick

kyle_l
02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
remember that these tires will take vary little amounts of pressure to hold up the truck, and when the tires sit in the sun they will heat up and get harder, and the tires do lose air over time. so keep that in mind, i think the would work good on a heavy rig but not a light one.

alan
02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Coolest scale'ism to come along in years! I hope the trend spreads like wildfire. I've been waiting a long time to be able to do this to race-cars and dragsters etc.. The valve would have to be tiny and counter-weighted but I don't doubt that a few fabricators around here could pull it off.

crawlin
02-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey fellas just thought id share my thoughts Ive had air system for two years now there great the big horn tires are a little stiff but you can run any 2.2 tire you want on the gt2.2 wheels there excellent for crawling on the rocks with the flat irons and ive abused mine with no punctures but stupid me didn't keep up on my wheel nuts bashing and stripped a wheel hex so I swaped the valve into my axial 1.9 beadlock wheels it might be a little more difficult to hide/mount the rubber valve in some 1.9 wheels but perfect for scale rigs with some weight to them (p.s) I'll be making my next set or rubber valves and aluminum stems but a big thumbs up there some beautiful rims and excellent mudding tires

WraithVader
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Very cool! Good price and they look good. Makes me wish I had another truck that didn't already have cool wheels on it.lol.

nachos
03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Only way to know for sure if this pump and tires would work, would be to bite the bullet and buy it.
I like the concept of it.