PDA

View Full Version : Hilift Jack Template

UNGLEWD
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Thought I'd try to put together a template for the Hilift Jack I've been working on.
I wanted to do a few tests on the new Styrene Cement I picked up after discovering the type of CA I started using wasn't actually welding the pieces together.
A small project like this is a good test compared to the truck box that I've now had to start again! UGGGG

Anyways here's an image of my first one, I made the scale PDF template from this and will make a few more adding more detail like bolts, handle and aging. For this one I just added the sticker and heat shrink tube for the handle.

http://www.crawlcanada.com/articles/tutorials/jack/ex_1_jack.jpg

I've attached the following PDF for you to use as a guideline if you want to have a crack at one. I strongly suggest dry fitting the parts before gluing them together. If you print this on an 8.5" x 11" sheet and be sure to specify NO page scaling it should print to actual size.

Hope you like them, have fun!

colonelangus
05-21-2008, 06:52 PM
very nice kevin..you taking orders yet..lol :beerchug:

UNGLEWD
05-21-2008, 06:57 PM
LOL, sorry you're on your own.
Build on Colonel, it's just plastic. If you make extra they make good earings for the missus too!

colonelangus
05-21-2008, 07:05 PM
LOL, sorry you're on your own.
Build on Colonel, it's just plastic. If you make extra they make good earings for the missus too!
lmao i hear ya had to try

HeyOK
05-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Your attention to detail is incredible. Nice work!

Chaseracer
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
awesome man, looks great, thanks for the template

Copious
05-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow that looks like it requires some serious patience. I would SNAP!!!!!

UNGLEWD
05-22-2008, 04:39 AM
Glad you like it guys!
Let me know if you think it requires a 3D diagram of how the pieces go together or if it's best left up to interpetation. I think the neat part will be that people will experement and go in diferent directions and change the design to their liking.
It's alot easier than it looks J-roc, give it a try.
More on the way!

madhatter
05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
One of the better looking ones I've seen yet man.:biggthumpup:

Scaler6
06-25-2010, 08:26 PM
id just like to say thanks for the template, i made mine today, ill post some pics when i find my camera

bens170
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Very nicely done,
Thanks for sharing the template.
bens170