PDA

View Full Version : vinyl graphics

rus-t
05-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm about to do the paint on my project poorboy chevy, and would like to get the graphics as close to the 1:1 as I can. The tricky part is theres a graphic of a checkered flag on the rear fenders that I really dont want to try and paint. So, I was thinking I should look into whether its posable and worth getting someone to make up a vinyl graphic from a pic of the 1:1. Anyone ever have this done before? I'm geussin it shouldnt be hard to find a vinyl graphics shop to do something like this?

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/rus-t1/project%20poorboy%20chevy/Copyof5FNGCLCAEDKSB5CALAXQIYCAEN8H9VCAZSFBLSCA3IKI YFCAGQ9GV1CAJZWQ9CCAX2J3VPCAVA4VNOCAXA6R8UCAPBQ7Q7 CAEAOU06CA4ABCE2CA1ESSLPCAVQ07YSCA1EZ0B8.jpg

Vertigo
05-15-2011, 01:43 PM
You can get a hold of Rob from Krawler Konceptz, hes on here as rockrawler. They do skinz, decals, paint masks and such.

alan
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Checkered flag painting is actually not that hard. Especially if it's wavy... Cover the area with vinyl/masking tape/whatever your preference; Using an x-acto, cut intersecting lines (top to bottom, front to back); Now, simply remove every other square and paint.. Good luck.

rus-t
05-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Checkered flag painting is actually not that hard. Especially if it's wavy... Cover the area with vinyl/masking tape/whatever your preference; Using an x-acto, cut intersecting lines (top to bottom, front to back); Now, simply remove every other square and paint.. Good luck.

I thought about doing that, but theres a bit of shading as well as black outling throughout the graphics. I dont really wanna go out and buy a air brush just for this one.

.-.
05-17-2011, 05:52 AM
seeing as you are totally addicted to this hobby maybe the airbrush thing isn't a bad idea...your olny going to build more ....you know just sayin.....LOL
good luck with it i am sure it will turn out great whcih ever option you go

rus-t
05-17-2011, 08:09 AM
seeing as you are totally addicted to this hobby maybe the airbrush thing isn't a bad idea...your olny going to build more ....you know just sayin.....LOL
good luck with it i am sure it will turn out great whcih ever option you go

haha, not gonna lie, I may fight it for a while, but sooner or later I'm gonna cave and buy an air brush. I'm tryin to finish this project on a budget though, so I'm gonna hold of on the airbrush for now....gotta check my lotto tickets...

Dukk
05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
For what you are going to pay for a wrap you can buy a decent airbrush. :)

RS10
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
if you have a Micheals craft store were you are you can join there email list on there website and you get a printable coupon for 40% off anything in the store including airbrushes that's what I did.

rus-t
05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
if you have a Micheals craft store were you are you can join there email list on there website and you get a printable coupon for 40% off anything in the store including airbrushes that's what I did.

wow, thanks for the heads up, might just hafta do that! considering this isnt gonna be my last project, it'll be worth it

rus-t
11-28-2011, 10:11 AM
So I decided to go the vinyl graphics route with this, any one know a good shop in the lower mainland that will be able to do this for me?

UNGLEWD
11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Gidney Signs is one of our Sponsors.
You can talk to Joel out in Chilliwack if it's not to far

rus-t
11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Gidney Signs is one of our Sponsors.
You can talk to Joel out in Chilliwack if it's not to far

Thanks for the tip Kev, but it's just a bit too far for me. I just dropped the body off at a place in langley, hopefully they can hook it up for me! god I really dont like giving my truck off to a stranger......:bugeyes: