PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Electronic Gurus

Nutcase
04-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Hey Guys,

I like racing games/sims and have converted to the PS3 from pc for my gaming. Steering with the sticks is a ... well... tiresome, since I can't say the other words :paranoid:

I would like a pistol grip type controller (like our radio's) for the PS3 for racing games... any ideas?

I have a couple of Losi RTR pistol grips to sacrifice if it can be done, or is this just wishful thinking?

Oh and if you haven't played Crysis2, go get it now:rock:

Thanks in advance

Edward

alan
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry I can't help with your question, Edward, but have you ever considered racing with a steering wheel?

Nutcase
04-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Sorry I can't help with your question, Edward, but have you ever considered racing with a steering wheel?

Oh yes and I do ...I have a G27 and Clubsport pedals :3gears: but sometimes, due to an arthritic shoulder and a very old back injury, I just like to lay in bed and play on the PS3. It would be much easier if I had better steering system for those occasions.

HeyOK
04-08-2011, 02:01 PM
I suspect that you could connect your pistol grip controller to your PS3 controller, but I don't have a PS3 so I can't say for sure. If you have a spare PS3 controller and a transmitter you want to sacrifice, I can give it a go if you like.

Nutcase
04-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Sounds promising, I have the radio from my Losi Micro and just picked up a corded PS3 controller at EB, it was $20.... the clerk asked if I wanted the warranty.... I laughed.... hmmm maybe I should have taken it evil

If you don't have a PS3, how you gonna do it?

If you want to PM me the address to ship it to, I'll get it out first of the week.

Thanks

curly
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
check with your lhs if they have the rc demo setup see if you can buy one of those pistol grips i belive the converter pluges in like an antenna the adverts say use your own radio

Nutcase
04-09-2011, 08:14 PM
check with your lhs if they have the rc demo setup see if you can buy one of those pistol grips i belive the converter pluges in like an antenna the adverts say use your own radio

RC demo?... is that a game that comes with a pistol grip??

curly
04-09-2011, 11:31 PM
its the demo set some lhs have for a display
its for flight training
i will try and find the link

curly
04-09-2011, 11:36 PM
try this
it shows a stick but maybe a call to the manufacturer can convert
dont forget to scroll down

http://www.nitroplanes.com/simulator.html

http://www.nitrorcx.com/usbvrcrccarm.html

i have never used one just seen them

Nutcase
04-10-2011, 06:52 AM
I see now, ....the issue with things like that on the PS3 is you cannot install drivers or software for the controller. If it is made for the PS3 no problem, if not usually you are toast.

Thanks for trying, always appreciated :biggthumpup:

td-civ
04-03-2012, 11:34 PM
i did this 4 years ago and its not that hard to do ill have to dig up the controller i built and ill take pics so you can see how its done