PDA

View Full Version : cut foam with wheel weights?

rus-t
10-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm gonna be adding some wheel weights, just wondering if anyone has had to cut or section the inside of your foam to make room for the weights? I'm just gonna use the stick on wheel weights from lordco, but got me thinkin that it would take up room inside the tire if I wrap them around my wheel, perhaps I should componsate by trimming the inside of the tire foam?

dwarrick
10-22-2010, 11:26 AM
you can still make it fit without trimming. The tire will be a bit harder since the foam is more compressed. It would be a good time to take advantage of star cutting your foams now thou.

rus-t
10-22-2010, 11:57 AM
you can still make it fit without trimming. The tire will be a bit harder since the foam is more compressed. It would be a good time to take advantage of star cutting your foams now thou.

Thats kinda what I was thinkin. I fugure If I star cut em it'll probably make up the difference for the wheel weights anyway

Ax-hole
10-22-2010, 12:02 PM
If you were thinking of cutting the foam on your Rok Lox, I would try em out first. They are pretty compliant and will soften even more as you use em. :beerchug:

rus-t
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
If you were thinking of cutting the foam on your Rok Lox, I would try em out first. They are pretty compliant and will soften even more as you use em. :beerchug:

thanks for the heads up. probably is a good idea to run em first and then decide if I want to star em':beerchug: