PDA

View Full Version : wiring up 2 novak rooster esc's

Jester
06-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Can some one tell me how do I go about wiring up 2 noval rooster esc? I also need to know how to program my Airtronics RDS8000 to run the esc's. Thank you

Jester
06-29-2010, 06:51 PM
could you not just get a y cable with the right ends

as for the programming ?????????????????

I'm not sure if a y harness would work. I've been hearing someing about removing one of the thin red wires from one esc. I just want to know what is the right way to do it. If all else fails I guess I'll just run one esc, or just leave to Piglet at home. :)

vonclod
06-29-2010, 07:28 PM
ya you can run a y cable..or you may also be able to run each esc to independant channels..ie 2 & 3..thats only if your radio has 3rd channel mix..i use a 3pk..ahh i looked up your radio..you can do do pretty much anything with a 6 channel stick..one thing i,m not great with is programing but im sure someone will have an answer for that..now about the red wire deal..its suggested that if running dual esc,s there will be some kind of conflict or overload running both internal bec,s..this doesnt really make sense to me as the voltages from both bec,s should be the same and the inputs are parralel..too many amps..well the rooster puts out 5..and lets say you run a castle bec instead and its 10 amps so 2 roosters shouldnt overload the rx..only thing i can think of is the voltage may vary slightly on the internal bec,s based on load of the esc..i now people who dont bother removing one of the red wires and seems to be ok..to be safe though i would pull one. i,m not familiar with your radio but the roosters instucs are online from novak..i would calibrate each esc to the radio by itself first before you do the y cable and red wire deal on 1:beerchug:..get that piglet rockin
ahh i looked up your radio..you can do do pretty much anything with a 6 channel stick..one thing i,m not great with is programing but im sure someone will have an answer for that

Jester
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Not having an extra channel is not something I have to worry about ( 8ch ):laugh:.
Thanks for the info:beerchug:. The whole "red wire" :bugeyes:, some say yes, remove it. Some say no don't remove it. I'm just looking for a straight answer:blink:. If all else fails I'll just run one rooster.
BTW I found a write up on how to set up my radio, it seems simple enough. Let's see if I can screw it up:laugh:.

The Piglet will be doing something, that's for sure. With no "seat" time in about a year and a half it should prove interestingevil. Now if only the 1:1 Warthog was going to be there.:bugeyes:

vonclod
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
well there will be no problem whatsoever to pull the red wire from 1 of the esc..i might just send the question to novak or castle for the real answer:beerchug: ..good luck with the programing