sbg  

GearHead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCM All Canadian 4WD Transfer Case

Default GCM All Canadian 4WD Transfer Case

Well, it's done, and me and the boys here love these things. Have a look. The all new, and all Canadian, no gearing gain/reduction GCM Transfer Case available here at gcmracing.ca

I have never been too impressed with aftermarket gear manufacturing. I keep finding wimpy brass gears, soft driven shafts, and low class mounting and setscrews. And I can't stand breakdowns on the trail. The remedy for this, and the only way we do things, is to over build for durability and strength, but simplify for size, and look.

It's no surprise that trucks need a transfer case for the 4WD system. Here's our design, machined from billet aluminum with a case-matching process that ensures perfect and tight fit. Our gears are machined solid steel and hardened for zero breakage and maintenance. This is a bulletproof case made for severe power systems and long life and it's as smooth as melted butter.

Features the following choice parts and design:
    1) Fully hardened steel drive gears with wide teeth, and big set screws made from oxide steel.... unbreakable tough.
    2) Hardened and ground axle drive shafts made specifically for axial torque and precision bearings. With nice deep and wide flats for setscrews to bite hard into and stay there.
    3) Stainless steel bearings with debris shielding. This case is going to be in the mud, the dirt, the water, all the crap you can find, and it has to turn your wheels for miles with no repairs. This is the ticket.
    4) Billet aluminum fully machined matching case halves. So what? It's important. Both halves are made in perfect matching sets and machined together in order to have a flat and strong interlocking seal between the front and rear sections. Funny, but even if the screws fall out, and you have driveshaft yokes screwed on to the thing, it won't fall apart. But locktite the screws anyway.

This unit is sold in a Complete kit that needs only assembly. If you are ambitious with gears or already have some 32pitch 20t gears with a 5mm shaft you can save some cash with the Starter kit, which includes everything BUT the gears. All the t-cases are black anodized for a tough clean finish.

Here's some pics of the black t-case mounted on a new delrin skid from the Scaler Combo kit.

The parts included in the assembly are shown here:

Here's the full assembly instructional video:
    Assembly Instructional Video Link

More Pics to show off the internals and assembly:

Add your own drive shafts, like shown below, and you have a running truck that can take more punishment than you can deliver.

Last edited by generis; 10-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Jester Guest

Well i got my GCM tcase yesterday and it is AWESOME! Lite weight, heavy duty gears, beautiful finish, OUTSTANDING machine work. Chris did some amazing work.

I wanted to post some pics of the GCM t-case next to the rc4wd killer t-case to show everyone the difference between the two.

here you can see the mounting holes on each unit. The GCM unit has better mounting holes, for those who have used the rc4wd unit you know that the mounting holes lead right into the case. If you use to long bolts it will hit the internal gears.

height difference

Width difference

wow! it is small! thanks for the pics!

Hello, Your website shows the silver is sold out... just checking if it is coming in soon before I put my order in today.

Thx in advance!

Yep, they are. We make a few silver with every run, but all the remaining stock are already black anodized. It's going to be a few weeks before there's another silver batch available.
    Thanks!

Oooh I like it, very nicely crafted sir

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Yep, they are. We make a few silver with every run, but all the remaining stock are already black anodized. It's going to be a few weeks before there's another silver batch available.
    Thanks!
    Black it shall be then... ordering now! Cheers!

This thread is as old as the hills! And we've finally done a single small change to this long running product.... screw pin holes on the driven and drive shafts. That's all! And a new video!

GCM has perfected perfection.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    GCM has perfected perfection.
    Well said!
    :biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast