sbg  

RPP 1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Ranch on Fire = Get me dirty

Default King Ranch on Fire = Get me dirty

got a new project on the go.... Still have to get the front/rear steel bumpers going and the tubing perimeter (like my CC2 Jeep) for protection and to slide around on :luxhello:

I plan to also chop the second lugs off of the Blitz tires and they seem to work well like that.. I've seen a couple of people using these dual offset 2.2's for crawling.. it gives you surprising sidehill stability and steering in the tight spots..

Bar Crawl Guest

Dude thats a wicked paint job, did ya do it yourself. It would be a good Idea to see a tutorial in the body section on how to do that.

Again sweet

haha Thanks, but I have to pay people to do that.. I'm a mechanical fella, and paint other than flat olive is just out for me! Haaa!
    If I could find the tutorial on how to do this I just might try it! You won't believe the look of this thing in the sun

vonclod Guest

sweet rig, the short course tires look pretty good on a trailtruck

F350 Tonka Guest

Killer pain job dude.What did he charge you if you don't mind me askin.

got it from zielkeracing.com sortof by mistake... I had him do me a custom f250 for another build, and he did the wrong colors, so I figured I'd do this on a truck build. He has his bodies and prices listed on the site. This is WAY lighter than all the jeep hardbodies... i'd forgotten how much heavier all the poly makes the trucks!

Great looking truck for sure. There's a local guy who is a wicked artist when it comes to painting bodys. I'm not sure if he still does it, but you can find him in Port Coquitliam at Seb's RC Shop. It's Seb. You might even be able to find him online. He had his own site for a while.

F350 Tonka Guest

And you're not showing us a picture of it in the sun because..............................
    You're just teasing us

well... I'm having a heck of a time getting the exocage working right. It's a pain for me to do the tube work, and it's a slow go. I have the running gear in it now, and it's sporting a new 3s pack and I have the tires chopped (every second lug.. wow are they great) so it's cage time. I've been getting the front and rear brackets done, and started the front bumper yesterday, so won't be long........
    Sorry to keep you waiting, Tonka!

severe change in direction with this truck, thanks to being out with Ryan last night building his super freaking incredible tuber etc.
    So This truck is running and on the rocks now. Love it, and for all you who are interested, a half-cut set of Blitz tires mounted backwards crawls like anything. It will go easily 95% of the places that the m3 hammers will go. Amazing.
    So now the truck structure looks like this:

There is now a full CrossCanyon scaler kit installed, and a stock axial trans in the front, and a 55turn motor, and stock axial locked axles. I installed the proline 90mm shocks all outside the frame rails, the front with the stock dual rate (wow soft) and 30 wt oil, and the rear with only the long spring, no dual rate spring (wow stiff) and 30 oil. every one of these shocks leaks so much, it's going to be a refill every week,
    In general the setup is very good, and it crawls very well also. I'm using a mamba max and 3s lipo, so with the 14/86 gearing it has some rip still.. sortof a good balance, really.

The body now has a couple of details added, and a winch to come still. I killed off the exocage idea for a few reasons, have to add the side sliders still, but the front and rear will be the way you see them. The body is mounted completely, but you can see NOTHING. My favorite part.

I used a solid mount in the rear of the truck, actually mounted into the rear tool box. that mount bolts directly to my frame right in front of the rear shocks. The result is a totally solid body mount that is holding up the full rear of the cab right to the frame, which comes in handy for roll overs.

On the rear and the front there is a flat plate of thin steel that covers the entire area behind the front or rear bumpers, and continues like a skidplate right past the tires and bolts to the frame rails. This gives the truck super tough support in events of front or rear hits, and it also makes a little area for the flimsy lexan to sit, and I bent up a couple of tabs on there to keep it in line when you ram the front fenders into the wall haha!

I'm off to search out who sells winches around here....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast